Triple black Insurance Woes

madmechanic

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just traded in my RT1250 for a R1250GS TE Triple black and the triple black part is causing Insurance problems.
R1250GS TE £300 R1250GS TE Triple black £700 any body got any tips or info , Hate insurance companies to start with but totally taking the piss , is this a problem for anyone else , do you tell them its triple black or just insure it as a TE

I was expecting the same problem as the Insurance Database didn't list the 2021 GS Triple Black though it did list this in the GSA version, but in the end specified it as an R1250GS TE being that this is the Log Book description and then no problem and am paying just over £320.

Just traded in my RT1250 for a R1250GS TE Triple black and the triple black part is causing Insurance problems.
R1250GS TE £300 R1250GS TE Triple black £700 any body got any tips or info , Hate insurance companies to start with but totally taking the piss , is this a problem for anyone else , do you tell them its triple black or just insure it as a TE

Triple black is just the colour.

Insure it as per the log book; that is how DVLA know it.

I bought my Triple Black R1250GSA in March this year (i.e. a 21 plate).
The V5 states:

Model:R 1250 GS Adventure TE
Colour: Black​

Hope that helps, hopefully the non-Adventure will be described similarly. ;)

I bought my Triple Black R1250GSA in March this year (i.e. a 21 plate).
The V5 states:

Model:R 1250 GS Adventure TE
Colour: Black​

Hope that helps, hopefully the non-Adventure will be described similarly. ;)

That's how my V5 is for the GS Triple Black

My TE isn't a triple black, but matches the description,

insured as per the log book R1200gs TE £180

had the same issue when insuring my 2021 40th Anniversary GSA - in simple terms its a GSA with accessory packs.

Barry

More evidence of white privilege, my rallye was half that price…..:D

Back
Top Bottom