V2 Streetfighter

I think they’ve just released a V2 multi a few weeks ago , not sure if it’s the same engine , I assume it was with the nameish

: Just the name It appears
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...r/ducati-multistrada-v2-replaces-950-for-2022

V2 Multi is a lightly updated 950S, no more power a little less weight etc. A good bike in it's own right and many of the mags give it high praise, I have a 950S and it's a great bike but as I think about what I might replace it with a V2S with a little more power a sort of stepping stone between the 950S and V4S would appeal to me.

My V4S SF has been in for a reassuringly expensive service today and i booked a test ride on the V2 SF

First impressions are that the switchgear and and the controls were cheap and felt quite nasty compared to the V4 same for the dash / Clocks - just not as nice so this is not just a less powerful SF- whilst it bears the Streetfighter name it is actually a very different bike - frame steering geometry and everything. TBH i think Ducati are being a bit disingenuous calling it a SF as the 2 bikes are worlds appart in every respect - its like honda calling a CB500 a twin fireblade ....

Suspension felt fine for the limited time i had and the engine was nice and grunty the riding position was lovely and better than the V4 i have to say which was a surprise

Then it broke down .......

So 5 miles into it and that was that

I didnt actually like it that much after the V4 so i wont be swapping for one of these any time soon.

I couldnt get to ride on today but i am very taken with the Desert X - very nicely made and looks brilliant in the flesh so to speak

Back
Top Bottom