Zorst Flap Seized Advice Sought

Old Codger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Flap seized on my 18 plate 1200rt fortunately it’s open. Extended warranty allegedly won’t cover it. Currently chancing a goodwill claim but not optimistic.
Have any of you any advice / success with the best high temperature anti seize product to free it up .
That’s before I go the eliminator route.

Persist with your goodwill claim. Service manager at Park Lane told me BMW will cover this out of warranty as they know it’s a fault.

Had mine stick on my 2011 tc when I bought it in 2016 replaced under warranty

Leave it. Makes absolutely no difference. Even if they replace it, it will stick open again very quickly.

Took my stuck one off the bike, used a blow torch to heat up the bent over bit (opposite end of the pivot to the cable holder bit ) and levered out the penny sized washer. Used a 2mm drill to drill out whatever stuff it is bm used as a bush. Put the washer back in, heated up the bits I levered out, tapped them down to hold the washer. Fitted back on bike, job done.

As Tony says, it's not an issue as long as it's stuck open. You get a little bit more noise at lower revs but no effect on performance. The latest header pipes have been modified apparently so as to eliminate the valve seizing, whether they are successful at doing that who knows, BMW's track record has not been good so far, but if it were me I'd still push for a new set as it makes the front of the engine look new and sparkly:okay

Back
Top Bottom