Eicma 2021 Hondas

Apex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Opinion on the new or updated Hondas.

https://youtu.be/5YzSIGNLCgY

NT1100 - Looks ok. Think they'll sell some for sure.

Africa Twin 'Urban' - Really don't like that.

350 ADV - Tick.

CMX(?) - Bit dull. Ok I guess.

CB500 - Well, I think considering where this bike has been and who it's been for, I reckon it looks great! #notforme but brilliant for new riders.

NC750 - Tick. Not for me but will sell (more) I'm sure.

Fireblade - Now that does look a nice bike. Some here won't think so but I reckon it looks great.

Goldwing - It is what it is and is for who it's for.

N.B. Opinions may vary :beer:

I just cant get past how badly my '18 Africa Twin DCT let me down (stalling at roundabouts/ not starting)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have about 20,000kms on my VFR1200X DCT since I got it and it hasn't missed a bit.

It has never once felt like it is going to stall.

Must have been something wrong with that.

S20 5G sent this......

My 1100 ATAS DCT has stalled once in 6000 miles, and to be fair it was in France, on E10 fuel (seems to not like it too much), uphill, in traffic in 38c heat at sub 1st gear pace.

that's bad luck they're generally bulletproof . did Honda fix it ?
It was always when moving from stop onto a roundabout, i cant explain what it was caused by but it was bloody dangerous. Then one morning for no good reason she wouldnt start. It was a kill switch problem and sorted by warranty but they didnt sort the stalling, by then though id had enough.

On the flip side the acceleration with dct was class..

It was always when moving from stop onto a roundabout, i cant explain what it was caused by but it was bloody dangerous. Then one morning for no good reason she wouldnt start. It was a kill switch problem and sorted by warranty but they didnt sort the stalling, by then though id had enough.

On the flip side the acceleration with dct was class..

when you've had enough then you've had enough I get that. the only thing I didn't like about my dct bikes was the very low speed control or lack of. never had a stalling problem though and as you say the way the bike romps though the gears is brilliant , love the paddle shift I adds another diamention to riding. sold mine too but would like another one day for the time being its a 990 adv s which couldn't be more different . hey ho

Back
Top Bottom