Michelin Trackers - seem pretty good

Bounce

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, just fitted a set of the above tyres. These are the replacements for the AC10.

Got a decent price from Enduro Tyres (www.endurotyres.com) & delivered next day.

Whilst I've been running a 140/80-18 on the rear (Michelin Cross Comp) their recommendation was to fit a 120/90-18 in the tracker.

1st time I've used the tracker. (I didn't use the AC10)....so far, I'm impressed and deals with the lanes/trails with ease.

Well interestingly these had been suggested to me as a much longer lasting alternative to Michelin Enduro medium I use which give amazing grip on wet rock and roads, but took two groups out a week ago and several of them complained about poor performance on slippy rock so I'm glad to hear a positive review!

Run them on the 690R and can happily say never had an issue on welsh roads or indeed off them!
Have used the Enduro Medium and they are grippy as but they don't last long. Mind - they aren't designed to though.
Considering putting the spare ones onto the 701 soon for winter as whole the 701 is ok on the Motoz Rall Z - the 690 was downright lethal at anything above 45-50mph!

I have/had them on my CRF300l/250l and have found them very good on the North Yorkshire Moors trails, especially the muddy/clay ones. The rear lasts about 12-1500 miles on a 50/50 on/off so 2 rears for every front. Road grip is good and generally happy with the grip/wear compromise. My only real issue is the price increases, £90 for a set pre covid but now £140 if you can get them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have/had them on my CRF300l/250l and have found them very good on the North Yorkshire Moors trails, especially the muddy/clay ones. The rear lasts about 12-1500 miles on a 50/50 on/off so 2 rears for every front. Road grip is good and generally happy with the grip/wear compromise. My only real issue is the price increases, £90 for a set pre covid but now £140 if you can get them!

For a 1 x 90/90-21 & 1 x 120/90-18 I paid £104 delivered....at Enduro Tyres.

I use them on the 701. Had several sets and very happy with them.

A rear lasts about 1000 miles and they are very cheap compared to Michelin Enduro Mediums and road tyres.

The 350 has a set waiting for when what's fitted wears out. That won't be long as they are the aforementioned Enduro Mediums.

They most certainly are

And rather lovely folk to deal with too!

Some of the better riders in my group have said the Trackers are shit, but I guess when you’re racing Enduro and need all the grip you can get then the expense of the Mediums is worth it and anything that gives a lower level of performance would be frowned on.

The rest of the mere mortals and plodders (like me) have found the Trackers to be more than good enough for our needs.

Considering the Trackers are an FIM road legal enduro tyre - they are bloody good.
When you aren’t worrying about how long a tyre last because you’re sponsored then yeh - get the Enduros.
There’s not a lot in it in the real world. I’ve both here fitted to basically the same bike.

And rather lovely folk to deal with too!

Some of the better riders in my group have said the Trackers are shit, but I guess when you’re racing Enduro and need all the grip you can get then the expense of the Mediums is worth it and anything that gives a lower level of performance would be frowned on.

The rest of the mere mortals and plodders (like me) have found the Trackers to be more than good enough for our needs.

Yes Toddy, it was some of your group that were with me and complained about the lask of grip.
Generally up here there's a few trails where perhaps for short distances grip is crucial and that's where Tracker's lack of grip showed but of course unless you have those conditions where you ride Trackers should be perfectly ok :beerjug:

Yes Toddy, it was some of your group that were with me and complained about the lask of grip. :

Ha, they are fussy feckers!

....and nothing like having an excuse about your tyres when you fall off going up a rocky bit :D

I've fitted a set to my CRF300 Rally...... so far I'm impressed! Done some green lanes, lots of roads (some wet) and rode a few weekends ago at Whadden, both the MX track and Enduro (9km) loop.

Years ago I had a set of AC10's on my old XR400 and those tyres were shocking. Initially I was expecting the Trackers to be similar, maybe a slight improvement but I was wrong, they're much better.
I understand anyone racing and chasing results will want a more single minded tyre but for the average Joe like myself who uses his bike for leisurely rides around the lanes, on and off-road plus the occasional mx/enduro practice they're perfect.

Trackers are light years ahead of the AC10’s. The rears are excellent while the fronts aren’t as good as Mich medium, they’re better priced.

Just ordered a pair of Trackers for my recently acquired Honda CRF250L. £120 from Demon Tweeks.

Back
Top Bottom