M8 owners please read.

Glory hunter….:D There’s no “I” in team…..

I was just clearing my throat......got a little tickle there...a bit of fluff on the oscillator....probably since my combined flu/covid booster jab the other day.:green gri:rolleyes:

So…. for clarity M8 owning chums!

To stop any potential damage to your gearbox you need to check for and fit or have fitted.

A vent for the gearbox… ✅

A vent for the primary drive… ✅

Plus keep an eye on oil levels in the primary drive and the gearbox.

Correct… :nenau

If in any doubt Doris is available 24/7 to advise. :bounce1

This just turned up!!:D:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

But......

No primary vent.:blast

Attachments

• delivery.jpg
    delivery.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 113
So…. for clarity M8 owning chums!

To stop any potential damage to your gearbox you need to check for and fit or have fitted.

A vent for the gearbox… ✅

A vent for the primary drive… ✅

Plus keep an eye on oil levels in the primary drive and the gearbox.

Correct… :nenau

If in any doubt Doris is available 24/7 to advise. :bounce1

The vent is just on the primary, but it’s no guarantee as evidenced by the failure of my transmission, even though I had the primary vent fitted.

The vent is just on the primary, but it’s no guarantee as evidenced by the failure of my transmission, even though I had the primary vent fitted.

All Harleys have a Gear Box vent - I’ve even posted pictures on here of the vent on my Twin Cam!

The Primary vent 2017 till May 2019 is dealer retrofit - after that factory fit.

Phil, was the vent fitted by previous owner or dealer? The guy who pulled it down said no vent fitted on the primary inner case. I’ll have a look myself tomorrow and report back.

The damage was this…. Plus all the bearings..

No big deal Phil, I bought it as advised and fully aware of the potential cost etc. I still agree the deal was fair and equitable …..it will live again…albeit in a somewhat modified form….:D

Attachments

• E0D3A63F-3025-4550-826E-86195BA48971.jpeg
    E0D3A63F-3025-4550-826E-86195BA48971.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 105

The evidence may suggest that a inner primary vent wasn’t fitted.

Phil, was the vent fitted by previous owner or dealer? The guy who pulled it down said no vent fitted on the primary inner case. I’ll have a look myself tomorrow and report back.

The damage was this…. Plus all the bearings..

No big deal Phil, I bought it as advised and fully aware of the potential cost etc. I still agree the deal was fair and equitable …..it will live again…albeit in a somewhat modified form….:D

I’m sure it has the vent at the back of the primary, I checked it when I first started hearing of transfer issues. Can’t think I’m daft enough to have mistaken something else for it, but I wait to be proven wrong (come to think of it, it’s probably quite likely :blast).

I didn’t fit it, the bike is as the dealer delivered it (bar the bars and other screwed on shit).

Is that the selector fork?

Back
Top Bottom