LH carb

SteveHop

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I noticed on my R100R that the LH floatbowl does not have a small vent pipe coming up from the bottom .The RH one does have one.

Im sure that this can't be right ?

Anybody know ?

Steve, I've just read up on this and some of it chimes with my experience. Thanks for raising it! I've had a school day.

My experience was forgetting to shut off the fuel taps on my R10RS with 40mm Dellortos. The left hand pot filled with petrol and I got a hydraulic lock when starting. Luckily it didn't fire. Stupidly I tried a few times (not knowing what was going on - it felt like a flat battery). Then I twigged and slowly turned the engine over in 5th gear with the back wheel. I got it turning eventually (fuel leaking through the gaps in the piston rings I guess) and then hit the start button. A few miles of doggy running then it cleared and all good again. Perhaps fitting in-line filters might be a good idea after all.

Steve, I've just read up on this and some of it chimes with my experience. Thanks for raising it! I've had a school day.

My experience was forgetting to shut off the fuel taps on my R10RS with 40mm Dellortos. The left hand pot filled with petrol and I got a hydraulic lock when starting. Luckily it didn't fire. Stupidly I tried a few times (not knowing what was going on - it felt like a flat battery). Then I twigged and slowly turned the engine over in 5th gear with the back wheel. I got it turning eventually (fuel leaking through the gaps in the piston rings I guess) and then hit the start button. A few miles of doggy running then it cleared and all good again. Perhaps fitting in-line filters might be a good idea after all.

I notices that sometimes the bike would turn over on the strter ok sometimes and at other times it struggled.
Ive taken the bowl off ant there was far to much fuel in there. So ive taken the carbs off , will have a good look at the shutoff needles and replace if necessary and get a floatbowl with a vent tube. Here is a picture of the offending article, no vent

Attachments

• Bowl.jpg
    Bowl.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 91

Back
Top Bottom