The most remote road on the Scottish mainland?

I've stopped at the Altnaharra Hotel a few times for morning coffee or afternoon tea. I was surprised that they would give a group of soggy wet bikers such a friendly welcome in what is a fairly posh (for me anyway) hotel. I like the way they have a petrol pump there as well, or did have one, it's been several years since I was last up there.

Not sure why a few have said it's a beautiful road, it's fecking bleak as fuck but hey ho...but it is in the middle of nowhere and possibly the coldest place on earth.
It's a great optional route for us up here in the know, as the coastal NC500 is choca with motorhomes and gangs of marauding box ticking motorcyclists and porche drivers

I look after one of the MBA bothies in the area, great big wilderness, really enjoy it

Surely the "most remote road on the Scottish mainland" is at Knoydart, you need a boat or an off road vehicle and permission to get to it.

Aye, Kinloch Hourn is pretty much the start of Knoydart. It's as far as you can go without a boat.
I was referring to the roads around Inverie, Knoydart that aren't actually connected to any other roads on the main land, I had a friend who lived there and kept an XT600 for running around.

I look after one of the MBA bothies in the area, great big wilderness, really enjoy it

Sourlies?
I didn’t know you were an M.O.
I’ve been a member for years. Let me know next time you’re planning a work party. Happy to lend a hand

Sourlies?
I didn’t know you were an M.O.
I’ve been a member for years. Let me know next time you’re planning a work party. Happy to lend a hand

Oban, south side of Loch Morar, great remote spot that's hard to get to. Workparties we use the estate boat so easy way in and out, next work party due in early spring, I'll let you know
You can also bring a generous amount of essentials when you go by boat :thumb2

Attachments

• IMG-20170426-WA0010.JPG
    IMG-20170426-WA0010.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 116

Back
Top Bottom