NEC motorcycle live

For those visitors who cannot provide their COVID-status, our Venue Protect team will offer the option to take a lateral flow test on-site. If the result is negative, you will be able to enter the venue. The lateral flow test costs £12 per person. This charge covers the costs of staffing the testing, the on-site arrangements and the cost of purchasing the test. The NEC does not make a profit from the test charge. .....

Thanks for that.
Hmm, they might not be making a profit from the test, but seeing as it's something they demand, you'd think they'd take the test cost off the admission charge.
After all, I don't believe that they rely on ticket sales to "make the show go on".

Order yourself some free lateral flow tests here ;

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests

Then it’s a DIY test , which you submit results

( don’t get me going on honesty issues )

Thanks for that...I might just do that, seeing how many events seem to be demanding it, if you don't have a "Covid Passport".

EDIT...No, I don't think I will after all, seeing as it relies on and uses NHS login. Something I don't want anything to with.

Thanks anyway.

Just a thought. What happens if you fail the test at the NEC? So you’ve got the train from say London and you have to get home. JJH

Just a thought. What happens if you fail the test at the NEC? So you’ve got the train from say London and you have to get home. JJH

What test at the NEC, my instructions stated a negative LTF taken no more than 48hrs before arrival or proof via the NHS app that you’d been double pricked.

I might take a couple of boxes and do them for a fiver a test.

Decided not to go. I dont want to risk catching Covid. Those that go I suggest you wear gloves when touching/sitting on the bikes with lots of antibac usage.

Despite self testing prior it will be petri dish event.

Decided not to go. I dont want to risk catching Covid. Those that go I suggest you wear gloves when touching/sitting on the bikes with lots of antibac usage.

That's exactly my view. I'm disappointed as there's plenty of stuff I was hoping to buy, I was also hoping to get some ideas for a big trip I'd like to do in 2023 and start planning next year. I also wanted a good look at the bikes but I just don't see the point in putting myself in a crowded indoor place. Still, the more of us who make this decision the more room there will be for those who do decide to go.

That's exactly my view. I'm disappointed as there's plenty of stuff I was hoping to buy, I was also hoping to get some ideas for a big trip I'd like to do in 2023 and start planning next year. I also wanted a good look at the bikes but I just don't see the point in putting myself in a crowded indoor place. Still, the more of us who make this decision the more room there will be for those who do decide to go.

Your choices entirely, of course.
But you could catch Covid just by popping into your local newsagent or the next time you go to a petrol station (or anywhere, actually), so I really don't see the point in denying yourself an event which you want to go to.

Anti bacterial ?

Your choices entirely, of course.
But you could catch Covid just by popping into your local newsagent or the next time you go to a petrol station (or anywhere, actually), so I really don't see the point in denying yourself an event which you want to go to.

you do not seem to understand probability in the mathematical sense

you do not seem to understand probability in the mathematical sense

I understand perfectly well, thank you, but I don't let hypothetical mathematical bullshit and easily manipulated convenient statistics condition my mind or rule my life.

I understand perfectly well, thank you, but I don't let hypothetical mathematical bullshit and easily manipulated convenient statistics condition my mind or rule my life.

yet confident enough based on your instincts to lecture others on their own assessment of risk of infection and the potential outcome of that infection

yet confident enough based on your instincts to lecture others on their own assessment of risk of infection and the potential outcome of that infection

Where on earth (and in my post) was I "lecturing others" when I said that, seeing as how they could catch Covid anywhere, I couldn't see the point in denying themselves an event that they wanted to go to?
If points of order are to enter the fray, then you need to examine your own comments.
Good day to you, sire.

I'm 50:50 now whether to go or not, and depending upon the uk covid situation at the time will make my decision on the day.Usually buy tickets in advance.It has the potential to be a massive superspreader event.

I'm 50:50 now whether to go or not, and depending upon the uk covid situation at the time will make my decision on the day.Usually buy tickets in advance.It has the potential to be a massive superspreader event.

So did the Adventure Bike Rally earlier this year. Wear a mask, regular hand washing etc. It will be a pleasant change to attend something like this after the last two years. Who knows what next year will bring re travel restrictions and the like.

Booked & paid for my tickets a while ago .... looking forward to it as havn't been for years :)

We are now debating wether to go or not ! Was initially travelling by train then into the arena, so it’s Possibly a mask on for the whole day! I get uncomfortable wearing one after an hour, don’t think I will last all day in one. I can imagine the ventilation system in the NEC is good, but it does not I still confidence in a couple of the guys who are travelling with us. Friday night decision I think.

Back
Top Bottom