NEC motorcycle live

I thought about going but can't find the answer to the question of mask wearing. If I have to wear one in the NEC, I won't bother.

Anyone know?

I wouldn’t let mask wearing be a deal breaker. Nurses doctors porters ect wear them for the complete duration of their shift. JJH

I thought about going but can't find the answer to the question of mask wearing. If I have to wear one in the NEC, I won't bother.

Anyone know?

I would guess that mask wearing will become mandatory, in indoor settings like retail, from tomorrow onwards and I am sure shows/exhibitions will fall under this category (maybe with a small exemption whilst sat down, eating in the hospitality areas)

So I guess mask will be compulsory, whereas the NEC website said last week they were advisable for show staff and visitors, but I expect this message to be updated in line with the new HMG rulings

At this time , mask wearing us a “should “ and not a “must” , but that may change.
Masks do not stop virus passage through the fibres , but they stop you touching your face/ nose and reduce droplet spread . Just get used to it and enjoy the NEC because every time there’s a mutation there will be panic and you’ll spend the rest of your life hiding under the bed.

Funny, I would have gone but can't be doing with all the passports and tests and shite. Yet lots of those who are OK with all that aren't going in case they catch Covid, which doesn't worry me in the least.

We were going but have now decided not to, I wonder if you'll still be able to sit on the bikes and be touchy touchy.

Funny, I would have gone but can't be doing with all the passports and tests and shite. Yet lots of those who are OK with all that aren't going in case they catch Covid, which doesn't worry me in the least.

100% agree. Latest restrictions are absolutely ludicrous.

Might be going, my mate is a Kawasaki Brand Ambassador and he has been donated 4 tickets, if the weather is dry I'll go on the bike.

Anyone know?

The latest email I received from the NEC, (yesterday) is that mask wear was advised but not mandatory.

You can buy tickets on the door if you are a last minute kind of person. I presume that would save you the online booking fee :D

Fully vaccinated with booster , negative test today , do not mind wearing a mask but will not be going as the last two times I went in 2014 and 2018 it was utterly sh*te , a waste of both money and time.
Will save my money and celebrate my 60th (belatedly ) in February 2023 and my 33rd wedding anniversary by going back again to the IMOT in Munich with my wife

Fully vaccinated with booster , negative test today , do not mind wearing a mask but will not be going as the last two times I went in 2014 and 2018 it was utterly sh*te , a waste of both money and time.
Will save my money and celebrate my 60th (belatedly ) in February 2023 and my 33rd wedding anniversary by going back again to the IMOT in Munich with my wife

Agreed . Utter shite . EICMA is so much better too . And no cardboard burgers for £7.

Order them free from the government website.

They arrive lightening quick

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests

Yes, indeed, thank you....and someone mentioned that to me earlier.
However, it required going on an NHS web link or app type thing, and I don't want anything to do with that sort of thing.
Thank you for the info though.

As it happens, some of the posts above have reminded me of just how disappointing and waste of money/effort several previous NEC shows have been, so I'm not going anyway.

It does make me wonder if this testing lark will become the norm for other shows next year though...subject to not getting more lockdowns imposed, which I somehow feel are lurking not far beyond the horizon.

Yes, indeed, thank you....and someone mentioned that to me earlier.
However, it required going on an NHS web link or app type thing, and I don't want anything to do with that sort of thing.
Thank you for the info though.

As it happens, some of the posts above have reminded me of just how disappointing and waste of money/effort several previous NEC shows have been, so I'm not going anyway.

It does make me wonder if this testing lark will become the norm for other shows next year though...subject to not getting more lockdowns imposed, which I somehow feel are lurking not far beyond the horizon.

Baffles me why people see 'that sort of thing' as a faff. Phone out of pocket (paper if preferred), man scans, walk in door, enjoy show.

Entering a hall with hundreds of vaccinated people,essentially Covid free (never 100%) can't be a bad thing.

See you there!

Back
Top Bottom