NEC motorcycle live

Agreed. Those bothered by showing a COVID pass to gain entry worry not, get a screen shot of any QR code and wave your phone about as you breeze by the security staff, we didn't but we could have.

This was my experience today. Arrived at 1000hrs and we left at 1300hrs. Overall disappointing, but I had lowered my expectations accordingly.

We were going today but something came up, hoping to get up for it on Saturday.

Otherwise it'll be the MCN London show for us in Feb.

The show was indeed disappointing. Mind you, the balti last night at Shabab's made up for it.

And the ride back to Surrey today was....interesting. Especially as I ended up with a big old screw in my back tyre before we even got out of Brum proper. Stop 'n Go tyre plugger to the rescue.

I used to love going . Every year . I guess just out of the habit the last 2 years . Not really interested in changing any bikes , and still no foreign bike adventures with the companies I work with . Then I read it’s not so good so really won’t bother . On a positive note I’ve just bought a mint Mercedes W 124 from Arab emirates and am actually quite excited about it ����

Well I had a great day out on Tuesday!

Very little traffic all the way up the M40 and onto the M42, straight into a Car Park and then easy entry to the Show after the Covid pass check on the main entrance.

After an hour or so wondering round just looking at motorbikes (what's not to like about that!), I met up with Tricky of this Parish and we set off in earnest to look for nothing in particular.

Best bike of the show for me was the absolutely stunning Langen - the engineering and design behind it is just lovely and if I had a spare £33K sitting around, I'd love to have something so bespoke and unique in the garage!

Tricky got excited at the prospect of replacing the Grey Ghost with an Indian, the T7 with a Norden, and the MV with either a Diavel or back to the old comfy slippers of a GSA :D

Attachments

• Norden.jpg
    Norden.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 476
  • Indian 2.jpg
    Indian 2.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 478
  • GSA.jpg
    GSA.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 479
  • Diavel.jpg
    Diavel.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 483
  • Langen.jpg
    Langen.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 474
So, I was there yesterday. My verdict:

Place was almost empty. This was a good thing as you could actually talk to bods and sit on the bikes.

Main thing that struck me was the amount of space taken up by
a) electric bikes
b) Chinese bikes
Maybe these things are going to catch on.

BMW - nothing to see here
KTM - ditto (although the 1290 in the blue, white and orange looks fab
Suzuki - still stuck in a time warp with the same old bikes (and that new sports tourer is plug ugly)
Honda - the new tourer looks like a barge (and feels like one when you sit on it)
Pan American is even uglier in the flesh than in the photos. They also had one on a rolling road which showed it doesn't even sound like a Harley, so it really is pointless.
Ducati - Pikes Peak MTS looks cool and the yellow-frame Diavel even cooler.
Kawasaki - unless you like metallic green, pass along please
No Guzzi
No MV
Urals were cool
Lots of retro stuff of which the Norton Commando is head and shoulders above the rest.
All a bit same old, same old really BUT...

Show star without any doubt was the Norden.

I might just order one...

I think it was a big mistake for a company like Aprilia with a poor dealer network not to be there to showcase the new Tuareg. The biggest shock for me was no yamaha (except for tshirts and jumpers).

Me in bike show. Uneventful flight. Never went trough airport so quickly in brum. Glad I came. JJH

Back
Top Bottom