2022 R1250GS

P1lts

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a 2022 R1250GS to be delivered March 22. Are they still being shipped with Hayes calipers, or have they reverted to Brembo?

I collected my 2022 adventure a few weeks ago and it has brembo’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just placed an order for a 2022 R1250GS to be delivered March 22. Are they still being shipped with Hayes calipers, or have they reverted to Brembo?

At the moment only GSA, RS and RT are being built with Brembo. GS remain with Hayes. Apparently this is due the supply issues which I would translate as "we still have a shit load of Hayes left so lets put them on the standard GS". I can confirm that my 2022 GS Rallye came with Hayes and my friends 2022 pitched up yesterday (November build) and that has Hayes as well.

By March 22 they may have used all the Hayes up and so it may come with Brembo.

At the moment only GSA, RS and RT are being built with Brembo. GS remain with Hayes. Apparently this is due the supply issues which I would translate as "we still have a shit load of Hayes left so lets put them on the standard GS". I can confirm that my 2022 GS Rallye came with Hayes and my friends 2022 pitched up yesterday (November build) and that has Hayes as well.

By March 22 they may have used all the Hayes up and so it may come with Brembo.

Dealer told me that there are no current issues with the Hayes brakes and that they are now sorted. I. Fine with mine having Hayes.

My Sep 21 GSA Rallye came with Hayes brakes. Best brakes I have had on any of my previous boxers. The original issue of leaking front callipers was resolved some time ago.

My Sep 21 GSA Rallye came with Hayes brakes. Best brakes I have had on any of my previous boxers. The original issue of leaking front callipers was resolved some time ago.

+1 :okay

I also have several mates with the 1250 with Hayes. No issues to any of them.
I've always liked Brembos, but the Hayes feels like they are even a tad better (though, not by much. I think either brand is ok).

Either way, You will get a bike with great brakes...

My 2022 model gsa came with Brembo calipers and they seem to perform better than the ones fitted to my previous 2018 model.

If I was given the choice by the dealer I would choose the Hayes brakes over the Brembo’s, they have a better initial bite allowing excellent one finger braking.

My 1250 Rallye has the Hayes a brakes and I love ‘em, my previous four GS-LC’s had Brembo’s which were great, but I prefer the Hayes.

Don’t worry about your new bike arriving with Hayes brakes, they’re fine, I know a few early callipers did have leakage issues but that will be sorted by now.

Thanks all. I'm not worried about Hayes callipers, I was just curious. My current 1250GS has Hayes and they have been fine, but they are more awkward when it comes to changing pads. Lets see what March brings.

Thanks all. I'm not worried about Hayes callipers, I was just curious. My current 1250GS has Hayes and they have been fine, but they are more awkward when it comes to changing pads. Lets see what March brings.

my 5 euro march will get push back to may

Just in case folks don't know what the Hayes brakes look like.

Attachments

• brake_blocks_1__14858.1599468098.jpg
    brake_blocks_1__14858.1599468098.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 549
Got Hayes on mine rode one with brembo on as well , apart from the name I could not tell different anyone enlighten me ?

Ive got Hayes on my 21 GS Rallye had Brembos on the bike I traded it in for and must admit I am the same, could not tell the differerence, if they fall off ill take it back to the dealer and get new ones put on !! its still got 2 years warranty on it LOL
Rob

Given the quite some number of riders here who don't find the Hayes brakes an issue, I'm beginning to wonder if their is something wrong with my set up!

My issue with them is that whereas the Brembos have feel and are progressive, the initial bite of and lack of feel of the Hayes are spoilers. It's taken me quite some time to 'judge' rather than feel when the Hayes are going to bite, such that for the first 1000 miles I looked like a newbie when coming to a standstill. I then discovered that when loaded up with panniers etc that manoeuvring the bike in simple situations such as reversing out of a sloped parking slope meant finding myself doing a bucking bronco.

It also seems to me that the balance between front brake and paired back brake set up has changed, such that any application of the Brembo rear in concert with the front, even at low speed makes the ABS kick in.

Don't like them at all. But, as I say, if folks could suggest what might need looking at on my setup, all thoughts welcome.

Id have a ride back to the dealers and let them have a look dont sound right tio me !!
Rob

To add to the mix the Brems can fade , the Hayes don’t seem to do this and have such stopping power they can cause black outs lol

To add to the mix the Brems can fade , the Hayes don’t seem to do this and have such stopping power they can cause black outs lol

This is true.

Back
Top Bottom