New bike day!

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Today is the day….and there’s snow on the ground and a feckin’ gale blowing :D:D:D

When I picked up my twin cam there was flash flooding in London and that was July.

I really don’t have much luck with the weather when I buy motorcycles :blast

Today is the day….and there’s snow on the ground and a feckin’ gale blowing :D:D:D

When I picked up my twin cam there was flash flooding in London and that was July.

If its anything like where i am put it off until later.
But happy new bike day.

PS.
If its a GSA i have a spare lower right crash bar just in case.;)

Get it delivered , straight into your garage , then plan a nice longer ride tomorrow when the winds drop

I got mine 4 weeks ago, rode it home in crappy weather then spent 3 days cleaning it. Bike still has under 100 miles on the clock and will stay that way until spring.

Until then the KTM or more likely the TDM is available and a lot less expensive to risk on damp ,slippy or salted roads

Do you not think that is a little bit inconsiderate, if you know the weather is always bad, you could give us months of pre-warning. Same as you know it will snow on 1st March when new registrations come out.

:)

Enjoy when you get it :beerjug:

Enjoy the new bike Phil.:thumby:

Pics when you get it home, please!

Well, it’s been a lovely ride, came home the long way (via J&S because I picked up a Gerbing power lead, not the Keis lead and it was feckin cold).
Roads were mostly dry, it was windy but the bike never moved.

I’ve sussed the quickshifter almost straight away, really smooth shifts, and only stalled it with once thanks to hill start assist (figured that one out straight after I stalled it).

It doesn’t show playlists in Spotify, but it lets me go back and forth on tracks so that’s ok, but not perfect.

Handles fantastically, very confidence inspiring, and the shift cam motor is phenomenal (even during running in).

I really do quite like it :thumby:

Attachments

• 687F003E-BDA4-4B82-BF73-C7E8ABAA4B0A.jpg
    687F003E-BDA4-4B82-BF73-C7E8ABAA4B0A.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 900
Same as mine. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive a tendancy to buy new bikes in the days between Christmas and New year . Done it 3 times. Was snowing when i picked up my XJR, guy actually slipped on ice in the carpark and went down. Dealer pleading with me to let them deliver it the van but i was young and stupid. (as opposed to old and stupid now).
Made it home in one piece thankfully.
Glad it all went well today Flipfly.

It looks great. Just don't let me near a showroom! Is it the adventure? I can't tell anymore as I'm just not familiar enough with the water cooled GSs...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Well, it’s been a lovely ride, came home the long way (via J&S because I picked up a Gerbing power lead, not the Keis lead and it was feckin cold).
Roads were mostly dry, it was windy but the bike never moved.

I’ve sussed the quickshifter almost straight away, really smooth shifts, and only stalled it with once thanks to hill start assist (figured that one out straight after I stalled it).

It doesn’t show playlists in Spotify, but it lets me go back and forth on tracks so that’s ok, but not perfect.

Handles fantastically, very confidence inspiring, and the shift cam motor is phenomenal (even during running in).

I really do quite like it :thumby:

very nice, will look very good in garage this winter

It looks great. Just don't let me near a showroom! Is it the adventure? I can't tell anymore as I'm just not familiar enough with the water cooled GSs...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yes, it’s the adventure TE.

Normally come with gold wheels, but I was lucky enough to find one with the exact spec I wanted with black wheels and heated seats, without the wait for delivery.

It had 5 miles on the clock. It’ll be past 400 by tomorrow evening :D

Back
Top Bottom