G/S PD for sale in US auction

I went for Karoo Street to replace the Pirelli STR that were on before. happy with them too.

The G/S ended up @ $36K amazing , especially when it was pointed out that the colour code sticker on the rear mudguard indicated that it was originally "Dunkel Blue".

Bonkers

At that price there will now be bikes headed to the US rather than the usual other way round from the UK...

Apparently the G/S PD currently on eBay is one of the 10 genuine ones imported to the UK of which only 7 or left. It’s a pretty salty price though because you’re probably looking at spending a hell of a lot of money on top of that to bring it back to A1 condition, unless you wanted the shagged out patina it’s currently wearing……

Apparently the G/S PD currently on eBay is one of the 10 genuine ones imported to the UK of which only 7 or left. It’s a pretty salty price though because you’re probably looking at spending a hell of a lot of money on top of that to bring it back to A1 condition, unless you wanted the shagged out patina it’s currently wearing……

Blimey, bidding has started on the g/s PD on eBay, it’s at 10,100, just incredible!

It looks like a proper thing, very nice indeed and the bidding should start at £10,000, if you have a half decent standard G/S and decide to fit a PD tank, short seat and rack, you maybe surprised at what that little upgrade will cost you. It will make your eyes water!

This line in the add is odd though….. Traces of Gaston Rahier signature still visible on tank. Bike age & Frame No suggest this to be genuine…….. Why is it that the bike’s age, frame, only suggest that is genuine? Surely the owner ought to be able to declare the bike as an original?

It looks like a proper thing, very nice indeed and the bidding should start at £10,000, if you have a half decent standard G/S and decide to fit a PD tank, short seat and rack, you maybe surprised at what that little upgrade will cost you. It will make your eyes water!

This line in the add is odd though….. Traces of Gaston Rahier signature still visible on tank. Bike age & Frame No suggest this to be genuine…….. Why is it that the bike’s age, frame, only suggest that is genuine? Surely the owner ought to be able to declare the bike as an original?

If it was a genuine factory built PD the seller would have got the certificate to prove it .
He could have then started the bidding at £14K

I wonder if he is referring to the signature on the tank being genuine, rather than querying the authenticity of the bike. I think Gary Burton told me that the boy Gaston actually signed the tanks on the first production bikes with a black marker as they came off the production line.

I wonder if he is referring to the signature on the tank being genuine, rather than querying the authenticity of the bike. I think Gary Burton told me that the boy Gaston actually signed the tanks on the first production bikes with a black marker as they came off the production line.

If you look closly at the signiture on that bike its raised and then painted over , looks like a sticker to me

Back
Top Bottom