New U G/S day

deksawyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Here's a 2019 Turban I had delivered on Monday from Clarks Motorrad in Dundee.

1500 miles only and in mint condition. I fitted a used Wunderlich screen I bought from eBay (I know it's hit or miss for most folks) today and built up the stand from XL Moto.

Waiting on rear rack and a few other bits and bobs. The 15 odd miles I had on it when it was not blowing a hoolie was ok. So far so good. I've been a member here for years and this is my first BMW. :eek:

1st gear is tricky to select....hopefully just the lack of miles on it...

Suggestions for valve cover protection......what years GS would fit?

Any other advice, please pass it on. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 889
  • IMG_1185~3.jpg
    IMG_1185~3.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 741
Enjoy!

Any head covers from a Twin Cam GS will fit circa 2010 to 2012 - I use the BMW ones.

Also IMO worth fitting a rear crud catcher from same years (or earlier) GS to help reduce spray in bad weather.

Reference 1st gear "tricK" is to let the the clutch out slightly as you push down on the gear lever rather than holding it fully in.

Here's a 2019 Turban I had delivered on Monday from Clarks Motorrad in Dundee.

1500 miles only and in mint condition. I fitted a used Wunderlich screen I bought from eBay (I know it's hit or miss for most folks) today and built up the stand from XL Moto.

Waiting on rear rack and a few other bits and bobs. The 15 odd miles I had on it when it was not blowing a hoolie was ok. So far so good. I've been a member here for years and this is my first BMW. :eek:

1st gear is tricky to select....hopefully just the lack of miles on it...

Suggestions for valve cover protection......what years GS would fit?

Any other advice, please pass it on. Thank you.

Bit of a coincidence I’m in Fife as well and waiting for my 2021 UGS to arrive from Dalkeith, I’ve also picked up some parts including a screen, mudsling, rear rack, crash bars and a tail tidy.
Give me a shout if you feel like a coffee.
Brian.

I had a visit to my dealers today to check up on the delivery date of my Urban, although it was ordered at the beginning of September, delivery isn’t expected till March.
The positive of this is I get a 2022 bike instead of a 2021 and don’t loose 3 months of warranty with a bike sitting in my garage during the winter.
Roll on the spring😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Well, first time I washed it today......bloody hell, there's so many nooks and crannies on these thing, it took ages, and drew blood.

Does anyone know if a hugger fits with the Conti TKCs? I might even try a GS ADV "mudflap" type thing for the rear as well.

Farkles fitted so far:

SC Project Conic silencer
Wunderlich footpeg lowering kit
AliExpress 10mm bar risers
AliExpress rear rack
AliExpress side stand foot enlarger
Barkbusters VPS handguards

On Order:

SW Motech SLC carriers
SW Motech adapter plates
Motea XA32 soft panniers.

I feel the need for cylinder head protectors as well......what's everyone's preference?

Attachments

• IMG20220130140357~3.jpg
    IMG20220130140357~3.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG20220130140424.jpg
    IMG20220130140424.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 310
Looks good, i'd go with Wunderlich crash bars...

Well, first time I washed it today......bloody hell, there's so many nooks and crannies on these thing, it took ages, and drew blood.

Does anyone know if a hugger fits with the Conti TKCs? I might even try a GS ADV "mudflap" type thing for the rear as well.

Farkles fitted so far:

SC Project Conic silencer
Wunderlich footpeg lowering kit
AliExpress 10mm bar risers
AliExpress rear rack
AliExpress side stand foot enlarger
Barkbusters VPS handguards

On Order:

SW Motech SLC carriers
SW Motech adapter plates
Motea XA32 soft panniers.

I feel the need for cylinder head protectors as well......what's everyone's preference?

I like that. Tail pipe looks good.

I fail to understand why BMW’s didn’t fit any sort of usable mudguards to either the front or rear wheels

Crash bars

I ordered wunderlich crash bars from Nippy Normans, just haven’t the bike to fit them on yet! Getting closer now though and Nick at Dalkeith said it should have been built on the 3rd week in January 😎

Back
Top Bottom