Centre Stand?

Martymcfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am i right in thinking centre stand is standard equipment on a 1250 GS, or an extra? Thanks

Not standard if you specify the Sport Suspension package, same suspension as the ADV model so specify the ADV model centre stand if your bike has this suspension option.

Friend has ordered a 1250RT Sport, he was told the centre stand is now not standard. But the dealer will throw it in :)

Friend has ordered a 1250RT Sport, he was told the centre stand is now not standard. But the dealer will throw it in :)

You say RT. So, not GS.
I have January 2021 1250GS, ordered just as a base model with zero extras. However, it came with center stand.

You say RT. So, not GS.
I have January 2021 1250GS, ordered just as a base model with zero extras. However, it came with center stand.

I was just making the point that it looks like BMW are not now including the centre stand as standard. If the centre stand is an extra on an RT, then it looks like its and extra coming to a bike near you. Although the dealer in question said they would not sell the bike without the centre stand.

You say RT. So, not GS.

That’s strange. My bike is a June 21. Maybe the omission from standard in between yours and mine. Hadn’t seen the bike until it was delivered, didn’t notice it wasn’t on it when I saw the video clip as It didn’t occur to me that I’d need to look for it 😲

My 21 R1250GS HP came with no centre stand. Apparently if you spec Rallye with Rallye seat it comes with a tiny screen, centre stand delete and the rear rack won't take a top box.

At the time the configurator was not great and due to Covid zero dealer training was taking place.

Had I known this I would have had the 2 piece seat which would have gotten me the normal screen, the normal rack (I had alloy pannier racks) and of course I would have had a centre stand.

I was miffed but I can live without it.

My 21 R1250GS HP came with no centre stand. Apparently if you spec Rallye with Rallye seat it comes with a tiny screen, centre stand delete and the rear rack won't take a top box.

At the time the configurator was not great and due to Covid zero dealer training was taking place.

Had I known this I would have had the 2 piece seat which would have gotten me the normal screen, the normal rack (I had alloy pannier racks) and of course I would have had a centre stand.

I was miffed but I can live without it.

That makes sense. Mine is also a rallye with rallye bench seat. Thanks.

It depends on what package you ordered.
If you've specified the Rallye package it won't come with a centre stand unless you pick the Pillion Package option from the various other options available under the Rallye package. Choosing the Pillion option will also give you the taller screen.
As far as I'm aware all the other packages should give you a centre stand.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

All of my 1200s since 2005 have come with a centre stand as did my 2021 1250GS TE
Marvellous but not exactly relevant to the several people posting on this thread for whom it didn’t come as standard :blast

Back
Top Bottom