R100GS Lowered Pegs excitement

Gelandestrasse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I ordered from Siebenrock these little blighters with the rubber inserts. I'll fit them in a day or so and take some more pictures. But I thought I'd mention that the exciting thing is I ordered them on Wed 24 Nov 21 and they were delivered Sat 27 Nov 21. So full marks to Siebenrock and DHL!

Attachments

• IMG_2616.jpg
    IMG_2616.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 533
Siebenrock

Siebenrock allways do nice stuff.
Have a look at this disc i just got from them.
To nice to fit on any bike !

Attachments

• Siebenrock disc.jpg
    Siebenrock disc.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 456
Fitted this evening. Standard pegs measure at least 17.25" off the ground. The Siebenrock pegs are about 16" off the ground, further forward and a lot wider than the standard pegs. We'll see how I get on with the brake and gear levers...

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpg
    IMG_2620.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2623.jpg
    IMG_2623.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 418
Ummmm ... daft laddie question: are you able to fit them to either side? That would, I think, move them a little further back also? In the pics, it looks like the new pegs are a little further forward? Maybe it's me ... :nenau:

Ummmm ... daft laddie question: are you able to fit them to either side? That would, I think, move them a little further back also? In the pics, it looks like the new pegs are a little further forward? Maybe it's me ... :nenau:

The new pegs are further forward. I don't think fitting them on opposite sides would work - they are handed (or 'footed'). My pictures were meant to show the width of the pegs, the height, and how far forward they are. It was clear when I fitted then that one was left and one was right.

The new pegs are further forward. I don't think fitting them on opposite sides would work - they are handed (or 'footed'). My pictures were meant to show the width of the pegs, the height, and how far forward they are. It was clear when I fitted then that one was left and one was right.

Ta for that. I may just treat myself to a Xmas prezzie. :beerjug:

How do they compair to the Migsil ones ?
My bike came with these , not sure what they are ?

Attachments

• Footpeg.jpg
    Footpeg.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 386
Stock pegs 'go up' from the pivot, not down. See my photos above. Stevehop's look like aftermarket pegs, very similar to the Siebenrocks.

Definatly after market , the standard ones "go up" on my other bike . Think the Siebenrock ones being wider would give more grip.
Don't suppose it matters where they came from as long as they don't fall off !

My bad, they were on the PD when I bought it and as they look similar to the original BM ones I thought
They were the stock ones. Only real difference is the width.

First test ride today.

First, I couldn't get to the side-stand properly to put it down. A modified technique worked. But not well.

Second, the rear brake operation being satisfactory (perhaps improved), the gear change needs sorting out. Foot is too close to the gear change rubber bit. I can shift down no problem, shifting up can be done easily by operating it from the side (as opposed to on top of) my left boot. So I either need to move the gear pedal upwards, using its adjustment, or move the 'rubber bit' closer to its pivot.

Migsel sell a 'roll' https://www.migsel.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=51 and recommend cutting your gear shift lever down. This doesn't rest easily with me. Anyone got a spare gearshift lever they aren't using?

I should add that the new riding position is much more comfortable, not as low as my R1200GS LC pegs, but much better than before. That bit is fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 239
First test ride today.

First, I couldn't get to the side-stand properly to put it down. A modified technique worked. But not well.

Second, the rear brake operation being satisfactory (perhaps improved), the gear change needs sorting out. Foot is too close to the gear change rubber bit. I can shift down no problem, shifting up can be done easily by operating it from the side (as opposed to on top of) my left boot. So I either need to move the gear pedal upwards, using its adjustment, or move the 'rubber bit' closer to its pivot.

Migsel sell a 'roll' https://www.migsel.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=51 and recommend cutting your gear shift lever down. This doesn't rest easily with me. Anyone got a spare gearshift lever they aren't using?

I should add that the new riding position is much more comfortable, not as low as my R1200GS LC pegs, but much better than before. That bit is fine.

Migsel do a shorter lever in stainless which works well on mine

Attachments

• D500FD4F-805C-40DF-B9D0-0FB29DC5EDF3.jpg
    D500FD4F-805C-40DF-B9D0-0FB29DC5EDF3.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 235
Tim

I think I have a lever in my parts box….. I will look tomorrow, and PM you if I find it.

Bubb

Back
Top Bottom