Streetfighter v4s - faulty tank

oly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
just thought id mention this, not noticed it before but it seems the right hand side of my tank has a manufacturing fault with it.
i sent pictures to ducati manchester who sent me back some pics of new bikes in their showroom and intimated it was normal.
however after doing some research and getting lots of feedback it seems its not normal.
i contacted ducati again and asked if we could put a warranty claim in, they said it has to be photo'd at the dealership so they would do this when it goes in
for its running in service.
Now the question is, the bike only has 300 miles on it and 1, i dont intend riding in the bad weather, and 2 last time i rode to ducati I was nearly killed on the way back and had my multistrada cut in two by a car.
so is it ok to wait until spring? or is this something that they may knock back if i leave it a while?
pics attached to see if anyone on here has the same "fault"

Attachments

• IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 284
Mine certainly is not like that

It is an Aluminium tank so assume that there has been a manufacturer fault there although i dont know how they are made by hand or machine but that isnt right IMO

Sort it NOW! do not leave it

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Tell them to collect it asap.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Once you see it. You can’t stop yourself looking at it.

Any news Oly?

Asked them if they could collect when next in our area but had no response.
I will take it down after Christmas and hope that Ducati aren’t arsey about it .

Asked them if they could collect when next in our area but had no response.
I will take it down after Christmas and hope that Ducati aren’t arsey about it .

Stand you ground

Ducati are usually pretty good once you have them pinned down

The hardest bit is pinning them down ....

Back
Top Bottom