2021 GS TB Billeted Mirrors

the woodster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Peeps,

Does anyone happen to know the size of the allen key required to take the cover off the stalk of the above to get to the bolt underneath? I have a pretty extensive set of allen keys but none are small enough and have no size markings. Also, I see nothing obvious on the normal sites for anything smaller.

My right hand mirror blurs badly at motorway speeds and I want to check the tightness of the securing bolt before taking them off and reverting to the old mirrors. I have considered that my right-hand cylinder could be disintegrating but let's start with the simple stuff!

There's something in the manual about a tool for this being in the toolkit but I see nothing under my seat but the normal meagre offering.

Thank you in advance.

Let me know if you want to sell them . Or exchange plus cash for a “normal” set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The billet mirrors look good,but it ends there

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

The billet mirrors look good,but it ends there

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Completely agree. Nowhere near as good rear view as the older ones and blur badly but I'm hoping that is something to do with the mounting! Also, they are mega expensive and I wonder if this makes then tempting to steal.

It's a 2mm allen key you need.

Find them good, never had the original ones though.My Exclusive was supplied with them as standard.

Think I had to swivel the controls very slightly to get a good view. can't remember if it was up or down now :blast

Mine are fine, don't vibrate.
Bonus when washing is they dry quick and you don't get the constant dribbles of water from around the frame as on the standard ones

Those mirrors came on my Triple Black, I think they look the dogs danglies and I have no issue with vibration.

Mine don't blur at all, and seem to actually give more coverage than the originals. Nice looking piece of kit as well.

My new Triple Black included the 2 Allen keys needed in a plastic sachet along with the bike's paperwork.

My new Triple Black included the 2 Allen keys needed in a plastic sachet along with the bike's paperwork.

Me the same, having just checked now! (Not that I don't have a full range of keys).

Back
Top Bottom