R1150GS side panel - where can I find it?

Wiglaf

Reaction score
Hi all. Anyone know where I can find one of these side panels (plastic, dark blue) for my R1150 gs? Mine's a bit buggered :tears
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/tWH5ruy" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/tWH5ruy"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure if these were ever a standard fit, I think they were an aftermarket option from the likes of Touratech etc. There's a pair here, but not cheap!

_data_prod_img_carter_laterale_r115_1_jpg_r_950_950.jpg

Not sure if these were ever a standard fit, I think they were an aftermarket option from the likes of Touratech etc. There's a pair here, but not cheap!

_data_prod_img_carter_laterale_r115_1_jpg_r_950_950.jpg

Crikey, you're right, that's not cheap! Thanks v much for the link, nevertheless.

Perhaps get yours refinished instead, if they are hard to come by & expensive?

Sadly it's not just a bit messed up aesthetically, but is also missing essential elements for attaching it to the bike.

Set up a saved search on ebay.co.uk, +/or ebay.de since they probably come up more often, there.

You mean this side panel....?
Have you tried BMW and see if it’s still available as spare part???
Can’t see any other side panels on the bike otherwise..unless it’s a TT aftermarket type either side
Yours looks different from the one in realoem above!

Attachments

• 5F1B6C14-DB79-4C6C-B629-D9DC8FB5EDDA.jpg
    5F1B6C14-DB79-4C6C-B629-D9DC8FB5EDDA.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 359
You mean this side panel....?
Have you tried BMW and see if it’s still available as spare part???
Can’t see any other side panels on the bike otherwise..unless it’s a TT aftermarket type either side
Yours looks different from the one in realoem above!

I’m pretty sure its the painted side panels that fit under the seat and attach to the rear subframe. Some were triangular and went with the split seat versions and some were longer, to fit with the ADV single seats.

Hi all. Anyone know where I can find one of these side panels (plastic, dark blue) for my R1150 gs? Mine's a bit buggered :tears
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/tWH5ruy" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/tWH5ruy"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A picture of the fixings on the rear might help, the Touratech ones I had fitted to my old 1150 had metal hooks that clipped over the frame rails, when I bought them used the fittings were broken so I made some replacements in aluminium ,bonded them onto the rear of the panel and then covered them in heatshrink .
They lasted the next 6 years I kept the bike.

If you can remember what it was called or have the part number, that would be great! As others have written, it doesn't show up in the BMW OEM diagram of the bike.

Your part isn't a OEM part. It's an aftermarket part.

Notorious for for falling apart and and not actually serving any purpose whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom