ABR Festival 2022 List of attendees

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just booked. See they have loads more foody vans coming, I'll be downloading a few of the road rides to do as well as a test ride of something. Then the music line up is decidedly more for 2022 so what's not to like...should we create a tosser area and hold a small impromptu gathering...
Tips learned from last year:
shop further away as the local shops did not think about supplies...Waitrose was sold out of loads of stuff on Friday and Saturday
take a mini back pack to carry your own beer in the evening (queues were bad), prices were ok.ish..
take your own bottle opener
take cash as wifi is poor and many traders struggled with accepting over the air payments
take your own chair to the live music in the evening
take multiple power sources -onsite charging is sparse
wifi on site was painful to connect to as well

feel free to add other tips..

Yep Im booked on Don , thanks for the pointers. Only downside for me is exactly the same weekend as Goodwood FOS.

Steve

I’m booked, will be camping in the motorhome field with a couple of mates.

My top tip would be to camp again with a couple of Sarf Effriken mates who positively insist on loaning you their KTM EXC’s for the off road course, bring plenty of biltong, and one of whom works for a brewery. :beerjug::beerjug::beerjug:

Seriously :D

oh, and look confident when putting tent up @gordyman I think who got others to do it for him in the new forest

I just booked. Opted for the Thursday night too. Just need to inform her indoors of my new independent weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a tip, can someone bring me a coffee whilst I'm working on my stand?

Last year is was so busy I had barely any time to grab a brew and sandwich.

Much obliged......:thumb2

I'm booked on for camping but, as i now have a rather nice Motorhome and i do have a bike trailer, i'm thinking, why the hell not* :D

*If indeed i can change my ticket to a MoHo one :nenau

I'm booked on for camping but, as i now have a rather nice Motorhome and i do have a bike trailer, i'm thinking, why the hell not* :D

*If indeed i can change my ticket to a MoHo one :nenau

Bring your coffee pot.......:thumb2

going again 3rd time my tip put some tread on your GS and do a few laps around the fields it was a hoot last year once it dried a little it was tough to start on my shagged tyres but they were OK later on and the off site enduro track too.

Mate is going and has persuaded me to go. Be the first time I have camped since a wet week in Holland a few years ago.

all booked up for 2022 will be there from Thursday to Sunday morning

So as adventuredon mentioned, shall we arrange a meet up? I'm going on the Thursday and taking my tent for an outing. Any thoughts on a rendezvous??

Since we all use Pseudonyms on here, and don't wear badges (never mind introduce ourselves when we do meet up), we'll likely end up speaking to each other at some point and not even knowing it! :) unless someone takes a GSER flag pole and a meeting time, it;ll be hard to do. Last year I bumped into quite a few from here early Saturday evening. Some were conversive, others comatose...I'm up to meet people but a time a specific place with a red umbrella is needed

Already met you. On the M40 in a queue caused by horses running about . Few years ago though.

Already met you. On the M40 in a queue caused by horses running about . Few years ago though.

I remember that day. Bikes all went to the front and then had a Moto GP style take off. I think Hugo was with me on the tank bag. We must have been travelling back from an event?

Yes he was. I was with a group coming back from a Kettle rally, so having filtered through several miles of traffic to get to the head of the queue, it was a bit smokey when we all pulled away. :aidan

I did go up to the policeman blocking the road and asked if he could just shoot the horse so we could all be on our way. He declined as he didn't want to be all over you tube!

Back
Top Bottom