V85TT tubless rim question

GSite

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All
Thinking about changing the wheel rims on my Guzzi V85TT to tubeless and wondered if I can get a pair of wheels and just put them in or if there are differences such as the location of the discs , ABS ring, spacers etc.
Any advice welcome.
Thanks

V85 Tubeless

Hello
My regular riding buddy had his V85 converted by Central Wheel Components (Airtight system??).

The other choice is Bart Wheels Italy (they organize collection and return)but how you prove toUK customs they where your wheels in the first place and have just had vulcanized rubber bands fitted??? An advantage of Brexit:okay

Thanks, have considered a conversion, but I have the chance of a well priced set of new tubeless rims and if it is simply a swap out job then happy days as I will have two sets of wheels.

I will be able to let you know more in a few weeks when (if ever) my set of tubeless wheels arrive. My v85 is in Teasdales for insurance repairs including the wheels after on off. They ordered the tubeless wheels to replace the tube type on my 2019 model year. Afaik they are a straight swap except for a flange or something to fill a gap between the hub and the drive.

My wheels have been on order with MG since June and aren’t here yet. 😟

Hi Andy, from what I've seen on the forums, it's a straight swop for the E5 wheels - just move your discs and abs rings over and away you go. :okay

Hi Andy, from what I've seen on the forums, it's a straight swop for the E5 wheels - just move your discs and abs rings over and away you go. :okay

Thanks Phil, interestingly several Guzzi dealers cannot answer the question, but it does seem from what folk are telling me that it is a straight swap but not clear if a spacing flange for the rear as mentioned above is specific to each type of wheel.

Hopefully see you at Cafe Ventoux on Saturday, ride safe.

Back
Top Bottom