V7 850 special. Any tales to tell?

PM me if you want to know more. I’m sure she’d talk to you if you were serious about buying one. For my ten penneth if you’re tall I’d look elsewhere.

Ta for that. You've struck on the other issue that cropped up after I sat on one. I'm 6ft and it did feel a bit cramped. The salesman didn't help, saying how popular it was with women riders cos they were on the shorter side.

Oh well ... where's that drawing board? :D

With 4,000km since September, my thoughts so far on my V7 850 Centenario.
I'm vertically challenged and sold a Tiger 800 when buying the MG (I had it from new for 10.5 years)
The Seat is super comfortable, room to move if you want.
I found the standard handlebar to be too upright. Cured with MG's flatter sports handlebar. Plus with this is I find no bar end weights are required, so the bike is narrower. Bar end mirrors are crystal clear. I've no issues with the front forks - no better or worse than the Tiger. The rear was choppy so I've changed the shocks for EMC units. The rear feels more planted now.
Other modifications are to my taste - Monza fuel cap, Fender extender, Mistral short silencers, Baak rear end and Motogadget mo blaze Ice indicators (recommended - really bright)
Performance wise I'd classify it as sprightly, especially now the engine is freeing up. Handles better than some would credit, better since replacing the sh1te Dunlop Streetsmart tyres with Bridgestone BT32 (went 110/80 on the front).

Some photos:
Lk2oiDV.jpg

NapsLfg.jpg

Lhk5C9H.jpg

Back
Top Bottom