Metzeler Tourance 120/70 and 170/60 (Not Next)

meintjiesj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Trying to get the original Tourance for my 1200GS LC but seems there are non in the UK. Anyone know of any stock anywhere in UK and also if there are plans to stop production of them. Tried the Tourance Next and found them OK but didn't get many miles out of them and still think the original Tourance is better.

Trying to get the original Tourance for my 1200GS LC but seems there are non in the UK. Anyone know of any stock anywhere in UK and also if there are plans to stop production of them. Tried the Tourance Next and found them OK but didn't get many miles out of them and still think the original Tourance is better.

Might be worth trying the Tourance Next 2?

Might be worth trying the Tourance Next 2?

I had the normal Tourance on my 1150GS for 15 years and did ride some crazy roads and conditions and tyres always felt like they could handle everything, very confident inspiring. Also milage was very good and seem to absorb a lot of the bad road surface compared to the Next (1). So if possible would like to try them on the 1200, if all else fails will go for a different 70/30 or 80/20 tyre but the Next (1) didn't give me the same confidence and pleasure.

Spoke to Perelli UK and they don't produce that tyre at the moment. They could not confirm when they will start again. I have a feeling with all the new versions coming out and less retirement for a dual purpose tyre they will probably not see a lot of demand for the older tyres.

Tourance original

Sourced a front from business in Cardonald Glasgow about 6 weeks ago.
Gordon Hazleton Wheels and tyres 0141 810 1717

Hi pal,

they've stopped making them in the summer i found this out as im a big tourance fan!! Any tyres you can pick out now are simply whats left over...Not to rub it in but i got 4 sets from M&P in Swansea for dirt cheap.

What i find strange is they've not stopped making the Tourance tyre but they've just stopped making our size in it :nenau
Must have something new coming :rolleyes:

Same situation here…love them on my 2017 GSA . I am going to need a front well before current rear is done and had started to source one when discovered the situation. Shame.

Same situation here…love them on my 2017 GSA . I am going to need a front well before current rear is done and had started to source one when discovered the situation. Shame.

Hi, I'm new to the GS having emigrated from a K1600 GTL in May, to a 2021 GSA TE. The bike came with Anakee's OEM. Didn't like them, too noisy and switched to Tourance Next at 13,000Kms on a recommendation from my dealer. The Anarkee's were close to needing replacement so changed ready for a long tour, 10K + around Europe. I've been impressed with the Nexts which grip well in all weathers, they're not silent but certainly less noisy. I've done close to 10,000 fully loaded kms on them so far and they're nowhere near in need of replacement I understand Metzler are doing a Next2 now. Has anyone tried them?

I had Dunlop RS 3's on my K, they were very good, I keep looking out for the new RS 4's but no joy as yet. They've been around in the US for some time. It would seem Dunlop are ignoring Europe so far? I do some light Green Laning in good weather so road tyres I think will suffice as 95%+ of my usage is on the black stuff. Comments and experiences appreciated.

Regards,

Tony

The place in Glasgow (Post 5) have front only for £173, which I am not going to pay. I am currently looking at other 80/20 tyre options. Michelin Anakee, Pirelli Scorpion STR or Avon Trail Rider.

Hi, I'm new to the GS having emigrated from a K1600 GTL in May, to a 2021 GSA TE. The bike came with Anakee's OEM. Didn't like them, too noisy and switched to Tourance Next at 13,000Kms on a recommendation from my dealer. The Anarkee's were close to needing replacement so changed ready for a long tour, 10K + around Europe. I've been impressed with the Nexts which grip well in all weathers, they're not silent but certainly less noisy. I've done close to 10,000 fully loaded kms on them so far and they're nowhere near in need of replacement I understand Metzler are doing a Next2 now. Has anyone tried them?

I had Dunlop RS 3's on my K, they were very good, I keep looking out for the new RS 4's but no joy as yet. They've been around in the US for some time. It would seem Dunlop are ignoring Europe so far? I do some light Green Laning in good weather so road tyres I think will suffice as 95%+ of my usage is on the black stuff. Comments and experiences appreciated.

Regards,

Tony

Saw the Next2 and maybe that is why they stopped producing the Tourance. Will phone Pirelli in the new year agin to confirm if they going to produce them again. Really hope they do.

Saw the Next2 and maybe that is why they stopped producing the Tourance. Will phone Pirelli in the new year agin to confirm if they going to produce them again. Really hope they do.

Pirelli or Metzeler?

The place in Glasgow (Post 5) have front only for £173, which I am not going to pay. I am currently looking at other 80/20 tyre options. Michelin Anakee, Pirelli Scorpion STR or Avon Trail Rider.

Hi mate, try Steve at F&B Tyres Sanbach Cheshire, he had a front left a few weeks ago last time i was there ...

Mobile 07393529277 Home 01270 760795

Tell him Big Andy from Northwich put you onto him...he'll know who your on about when you mention Tourance tryes :thumby:

Same thing really.....

S20 5G sent this......

I had no idea Metzeler was owned by Pirelli and that Pirelli is owned by the Chinese. As my father used to say "if you don't learn something every day you've not been paying attention" :rob:).

Bought Avon Trailriders, pattern looks similar to Tourance and made in UK. Will do a comparison next year April when bike is back on the road. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bought Avon Trailriders, pattern looks similar to Tourance and made in UK. Will do a comparison next year April when bike is back on the road. Thanks for all the suggestions.
The Trailriders are a brilliant tyre, I don't think you will be disappointed (although they won't last anywhere near as long as the original Tourance)

The are also M&S rated so they are a fantastic tyre to use in the winter months.

S20 5G sent this......

I like the original tourance too. My current bike came with Anakee adventure and once the sprue pips have worn off they ride very similarly.

Back
Top Bottom