690 Duke ?

Because you should be saving your pennies for a camper! :D

What reason would you NOT buy a 690 Duke, if you were looking for that type of bike. :confused:

Great fun bikes but for me it didn't ride as well as the 390 which I guess is because it's now quite old design?

I loved the one I had for 18 months

Great fun bikes but for me it didn't ride as well as the 390 which I guess is because it's now quite old design?

I loved the one I had for 18 months
I remember riding one a few years back and all it wanted to do was go, there was no, ready, get set just go...all the time. Which had me loving it but made me wondering how long you could live with that however I believe the latest version was much smoother than the original...

I'm stuck between this and the 390 adv.

I'd look for an older but mint 950 SMR much more fun.

I remember riding one a few years back and all it wanted to do was go, there was no, ready, get set just go...all the time. Which had me loving it but made me wondering how long you could live with that however I believe the latest version was much smoother than the original...

I'm stuck between this and the 390 adv.

The later engines are smoother.

I used it the most out of several bikes I owned and even did long trips away on it.

Back to back with a 390 I found the 690 gearbox, headlight (not LED) and clocks not to be as good.

Having sold the 690 I rode for 18 months and not having got on with the 790 I bought another brand new 690 but for some reason didn't love it as much as the one I had previously.

Strangely, even though I didn't get on with my original 790 because the intrusive electronics spoilt it I bought another from someone on here and like this. The electronic anti-wheelie etc has been switched off and stays off permanently.

I have one and it is a great fun bike. Mine has a tail tidy which is the stupidest idea ever as it ensures you are covered in crap after every ride on a damp road. It even throws mud onto the backs of the handguards.

I have fitted handguards, a screen, KTM heated grips and a set of Blaze H soft bags, so I now have an Adventure Duke.

Oh, and Sportec tyres are crap in mud, sand, gravel, moss and grass, but very good on warm, dry tarmac.

The 690 Duke has as much power as you'll need in normal real-world conditions and is as light as the feathers from a large chicken.

Oh, and cheap as chips as well.

Last edited:
I'd look for an older but mint 950 SMR much more fun.

Agreed :thumby:

KTM-950-R-010.jpg

Here's a couple of pics

Attachments

• 20210826_141441.jpg
    20210826_141441.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 20210826_141607.jpg
    20210826_141607.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 247

Back
Top Bottom