Will the Connected app keep running, if I open anther app?

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Simple question time

The connect app when connected to the connect cradle (I'm pre tft) and I use an iPhone, if I start the app and it starts to record my trip, if I keep the app running but open another app on my screen,namely my rally trip app will the connect app still record my route in the background?

I think so, yes. I guess helped if you have the app set to always.

There is of course an easy way to find out, by experimenting.

I am sure that, during my first decently long (five day) wander off to Belgium to test out the app (without a cradle) I started and closed other apps, whilst running the Connected app. For example, I definitely looked at some websites and used WhatsApp and / or FaceTime and / or the camera and phone. I think I might even have stopped the Connected app at one point, when the app froze mid-afternoon. As far as I can see, the app recorded each of the rides perfectly. I only had the one time the app froze but that was nothing to do with using another app; the phone app just froze, though I have no idea why.

Short answer, yes it will, BUT only if you've made sure to set the location settings to Allow Always. I've been running it the way you've mentioned for over a year now and it seems unaffected by being pushed to the background.

Back
Top Bottom