Me bike has wrecked me phone, mate…..

What will the effect of water droplets collecting on the screen?

Now then....my Garmin HAS exhibited funny behaviour in a downpour sometimes - almost as if someone was touching the screen. iPhone has not done the same thing.

Not travelling fast enough :nenau :D

It did it again yesterday coming down the M40 from Birmingham. It was VERY rainy and windy and the thing kept jumping from the map screen, back to the home screen. I was probably travelling about as fast as it was safely possible to do so in the conditions.

Now then....my Garmin HAS exhibited funny behaviour in a downpour sometimes - almost as if someone was touching the screen. iPhone has not done the same thing.

It did it again yesterday coming down the M40 from Birmingham. It was VERY rainy and windy and the thing kept jumping from the map screen, back to the home screen. I was probably travelling about as fast as it was safely possible to do so in the conditions.

Which Garmin device are you using?

My Garmin started that in a heavy downpour, then later started doing it when it was dry!
very annoying.
at first it moved the centre of navigation so i couldnt see myself on the map.
then it started flipping the the compass screen and no matter what i did either on the wonderwheel or screen would change anything.

I found if i gripped it and moved it on the cradle it stops?
so its something to do with the connection to the cradle

WD40 perhaps needed :)

Paging Giles to the”fucked” phone…paging Giles to the “fucked” phone…….

We went through this a while ago….IPhone 11 on quadlock mount…no vibration damper..fucked in no time…vibration damper added….no further issue…

Interestingly enough…quadlock with no damper on my big Harley…no issue…. Fitted to BMW also without damper…fucked in seconds. Different frequency of vibration. BMW is quite “buzzy” whilst the Harley tends to “shake” more…

Doris, luck and timing may be part of it. I did c.8000miles on my bike before i got the iphone problem.

for the 20/20 vision guys i dont get why if your mobile phone is waterproof, 'appears' durable, runs Connected, Google music, is a phone etc and basically does what you need you wouldnt fix it to your bike. (noting i get it now!)

Barry

My Garmin started that in a heavy downpour, then later started doing it when it was dry!
very annoying.
then it started flipping the the compass screen and no matter what i did either on the wonderwheel or screen would change anything.

Or water droplets landing on a touch screen...........

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Which Garmin device are you using?

Garmin Zumo XP

very annoying.

I would be surprised if it is anything to do with the cradle on the Zumo XT - as far as I can see, the only connections on the cradle are for power. No wonder wheel or other input device connections.

It looked way more like rain on the screen as if I squeegeed it off with my glove, it would behave for a while.

It was VERY rainy yesterday though and it's normally fine in regular rain conditions. It is very exposed the way I have it mounted off the handguard mount and ideally I would to get it tucked up under the screen above the TFT. But no option for this on the PanAm yet without constructing my own mount.

Back
Top Bottom