BSA Gold Star

I would agree that the silhouette isn't very true to the original, but I think the engine design, aesthetically, is really great.

Look how many people love their Bullets. Why not this, then?

If it’s any good it’ll sell because Royal Enfield have proved there’s a demand for this type of bike but it’s taken them a long time to get there.

Great news, the continued revival of the British motorbike industry is to be welcomed. More competetion in this market segment has got to be a good thing. I hope it turns out to be a great bike and well priced.

The Missenden Flyer just did a short video of it, think his missus fancies one (link below)

I think it's a good looking bike, build quality looks decent, only thing I don't like about it is its water cooled with a lumpy big radiator in front of the engine, just wrong for this style of bike.

650 and 45hp so aimed squarely at competing with the RE twins..... and of course the A2 licence holders.

https://youtu.be/HfMS-S4_G6c

I think it's a good looking bike, build quality looks decent, only thing I don't like about it is its water cooled with a lumpy big radiator in front of the engine, just wrong for this style of bike

I agree .... something thinner and longer would have been a better look

Check out any water cooled Bonnie and you will see what I mean :thumb

I'll wait until they bring a Rocket Gold Star back again :D

i-pW4KfKC-L.jpg

:beerjug:

The RGS fetch more money than the DBD34

I have a mate who bought one for £500 here in the UK back in the late 70's

He now lives in Australia and still has it :thumb

There are now more Rocket Goldies than ever made .... mine was a 'made up one' ;)

:beerjug:

Having seen the Flyer's vid, I think that's a really nice looking bike (again, judge it against Bullets etc in its class).

The only detail which glares for me (yes, as well as the too-big rad) is the mounting for the horn which looks like something I might have made from Homebase-sourced flat bar and hammerite.

Otherwise, I like it and it's nice to see a revived Brit brand that isn't simply using the brand to sell Chinese bikes with Jap-copy engines. I think that engine looks lovely and I'll be interested to hear how the bike rides.

Back
Top Bottom