BSA Gold Star

BSA made a lot of noise about this bike last year shouting from the rooftops how good it was going to be.
They even set up a website for people to express their interest. It's now mid May and nothing is appearing on the horizon,
just a wall of silence.
Many potential buyers have registered their interest which has handed favourable information to the company so they could have the good manners to publish an update.
The way this is being handled, the company doesn't inspire confidence to potential buyers in its product as they appear to have a communication problem.

Royal Enfield must be really enjoying this - so much promise at the NEC, but communications since have been woeful.

They are about to miss the UK season, or at least the new bike buying decisions, so maybe better to delay until 2023 if they can find a fall guy to blame - how about Pootin.

Seems the UK launch has been pushed back yet again.

This conversation from Facebook: -

''Guy Richardson
So we're near the end of May. When and where can I have a test ride? You said your dealer network would be up and running by now.
20 h

Author
BSAmotorcyclesofficial

Hi Guy, thank you so much for your continued support and interest in BSA motorcycles and for your interest in wanting to test ride the GoldStar.
Please do bare with us, we're working round the clock with the expectation of the bikes arriving with dealers still sometime in June.
Once again, thanks so much for your continued patience and keep an eye out for regular updates when the bikes are available for a test ride! ''

Is anyone on here who has registered an interest actually getting these supposed updates.

Seems the UK launch has been pushed back yet again.

This conversation from Facebook: -

''Guy Richardson
So we're near the end of May. When and where can I have a test ride? You said your dealer network would be up and running by now.
20 h

Author
BSAmotorcyclesofficial

Hi Guy, thank you so much for your continued support and interest in BSA motorcycles and for your interest in wanting to test ride the GoldStar.
Please do bare with us, we're working round the clock with the expectation of the bikes arriving with dealers still sometime in June.
Once again, thanks so much for your continued patience and keep an eye out for regular updates when the bikes are available for a test ride! ''

Is anyone on here who has registered an interest actually getting these supposed updates

I registered an interest back in December 2021. The only update I received was in March this year. See post #59.
Since then I've received the square route of fcuk all. They seem to have developed a communication problem.
There's also nothing in the press.The wall of silence continues.

I can forgive the odd spelling error, but the general lack of communication is risible.

Fishing around biking websites in India suggests their launch date has now been set back to September 2022, with an anticipated price of circa Rs 5 Lakh (500,000 rupees or around £5,164 sterling currently). However I haven't been able to discover the reason, probably no more than a head wobble.

If accurate, that pretty much writes off this season in the UK - surely BSA would garner more respect, indeed patience from prospective customers, if they were to simply explain themselves. It was an ambitious project & we have all seen the best laid plans slip, post pandemic.

I can forgive the odd spelling error, but the general lack of communication is risible.

Fishing around biking websites in India suggests their launch date has now been set back to September 2022, with an anticipated price of circa Rs 5 Lakh (500,000 rupees or around £5,164 sterling currently). However I haven't been able to discover the reason, probably no more than a head wobble.

If accurate, that pretty much writes off this season in the UK - surely BSA would garner more respect, indeed patience from prospective customers, if they were to simply explain themselves. It was an ambitious project & we have all seen the best laid plans slip, post pandemic.

Oh well, maybe next year.:(

Hopefully the radiator has been redesigned to blend in a little more with the design as the prototype at the bike show was ugly as hell.

Just read this from an Indian chap who gives his two rupees....
Hopefully the delay is down to a marketing ploy and not a technical issue as some fear.

Raj A
2 months ago

Mahindra's are known for the long delays and to create the perception of high demand. In India none of their existing
dealers have any clue as to what is the status on this bike.
Hopefully BSA will use the delay to tidy up the bike especially the tractor like radiator and the plumbing work around
the radiator.
Cost is important in India... would certainly not pay a Rupee more than the existing price of the RE Interceptor though
being a single cylinder, single exhaust I expect this bike to be priced lower. Also Mahindra's have very few service outlets
when compared to RE so this should also be taken into consideration.

Latest...
There's talk of the bike being in UK showrooms by September, but I won't hold my breath.

Just read this from an Indian chap who gives his two rupees....
Hopefully the delay is down to a marketing ploy and not a technical issue as some fear.

Raj A
2 months ago

Mahindra's are known for the long delays and to create the perception of high demand. In India none of their existing
dealers have any clue as to what is the status on this bike.
Hopefully BSA will use the delay to tidy up the bike especially the tractor like radiator and the plumbing work around
the radiator.
Cost is important in India... would certainly not pay a Rupee more than the existing price of the RE Interceptor though
being a single cylinder, single exhaust I expect this bike to be priced lower. Also Mahindra's have very few service outlets
when compared to RE so this should also be taken into consideration.

Latest...
There's talk of the bike being in UK showrooms by September, but I won't hold my breath.

Most folk will have saved enough for a proper DBD 34 by the time the Indian version is launched; :D:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom