BSA Gold Star

Joined one of the Facebook BSA groups to see how the folks are liking the new Goldstar...... dear dear, not many without issues, seems to be mainly non starting and Engine Management Lights staying on, hope it's just teething probs.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3018305038383125/?ref=share

Has anyone on here actually bought one yet?

I've got one on order for the end of April.:eek:

I'll be watching this space carefully. Thanks for posting.:thumb2

I'm sure it's just teething troubles, 1st year of production, be good to see your reviews when you get the new bike

I'm sure it's just teething troubles, 1st year of production, be good to see your reviews when you get the new bike

I decided to ask for them for a delivery amongst the second/third batch, which will be well into April.
It's still early days re production, but at least a good number of them will be manufactured before my
bike rolls off the production line. Hopefully any niggles will be sorted by then.

Three new ones in at Bill Smith’s Chester ready for Mar 1st . Enjoy your bike when it comes.

Re the Facebook page there seems to be even more knob heads on there as any marque page. Arguing a new Goldstar isnt a Dbd34 is always a giveaway. I came off the KR1S facebook page as some folk were just vicious! Now the monkey bike facebook page has some pleasant folk.

Suprised to see Eddies Moto has one of the chrome fender models , I thought they were only mid 2023.

Ronald Bryant, 85 years young collecting his new BSA Gold Star yesterday. Well done sir.:beerjug:

Attachments

• 335813479_1177226802986994_947535309544385192_n (1).jpg
    335813479_1177226802986994_947535309544385192_n (1).jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 336644772_674454284438070_5318573858032314181_n.jpg
    336644772_674454284438070_5318573858032314181_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 155
Test ride booked for next week. A wee birl over the Lang Whang and down to Peebles and back should put it through its paces. :D

Test ride booked for next week. A wee birl over the Lang Whang and down to Peebles and back should put it through its paces. :D

Blimey Pete, Indochina is a bit far for a test ride.:D

BTW, i hope your weather improves for the ride. It's a balmy 15* here today, so off out for a spin
dodging the rain clouds on my old clunker to blow the cobwebs off.

Was reading a post the other day in the Scottish Classic Motorcycles Club FB group Peter, about the bike that was on the stand at the Scottish MC show......... pretty bad QA stuff, these guys generally know their bikes. Be interested in your observations

Link is here if interested:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SCMCmail/permalink/2546013512215285/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share

Was reading a post the other day in the Scottish Classic Motorcycles Club FB group Peter, about the bike that was on the stand at the Scottish MC show......... pretty bad QA stuff, these guys generally know their bikes. Be interested in your observations

Link is here if interested:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SCMCmail/permalink/2546013512215285/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share

I had a wee look at the demo bike while I was at ******* (See below) and the metal and welds around the steering head looked less than impressive! Still we'll see ...

***** Also less than impressed when I popped in to book the ride. Yer man was sat at his desk chuntering on the phone and two others on the other side of the desk. I hung about, assuming they were customers. Yer man then finished the conversation and put the phone down with a "Fuck off!" directed at the guy he'd just been speaking to. The other two looked a bit sheepish and sloped off - they were employees and in for a blether, I assume.

If the bike turns out to be a peach and they offer it to me for a fiver, I'll not be buying from them!

Sounds like ******* have matched the staff to the welding .... rough as ****

Ok. So I took one for a birl today. It pished down for much of the ride and the riding position and a firm seat led to a wee bit of a sore back but that Rotax engine is an absolute gem. I'd summarise the bike as a torquey wee beast. Here's the bike ...
92e1f320cdc8e3f79240ff50f8c2774e.jpg

Sent from me

Climbing aboard at the dealership, the first thing was the small size of the bike. I'm 6foot and it was like riding a tricycle. The bars were about right but the footrests were a tad too high, or maybe the seat too low. Towards the end of the ride, I popped in to see a pal who's a bit shorter ... Ok a lot shorter and he fitted the bike pretty well. If you're around 5 foot 6 ish, it'd be a perfect fit. There was no problem getting both feet on the floor.
899269f59e0776093720f83ae7642fa9.jpg

Taking off, the clutch felt like it needed adjusting and the back brake felt a bit spongey but both seemed to improve over the ride as I got used to the bike. A firmer foot on the rest brake was needed. Once the clutch was fully engaged, the Rotax engine could be pobbled along at walking speed and the bike felt nicely balanced

The switchgear followed the usual pattern, easy to use, identical to that on the Himalayan. Maybe just a tad flimsier. My only gripe was the size of the mirrors - too small for a good rear view. They were also very stiff to adjust. I expect time will fix that.
72e7df79f0a575a7af8f71db716ba5a0.jpg
c8b89cd40169f387779e810908bf7bcc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom