BSA Gold Star

OK, I’m late onto this thread, but that doesn’t capture the essence of a Goldie for me. I bet it’s heavier and slower, and reliable; so there’s three points of difference. The engine looks way to big, and whatever is the exhaust made out of? Scaffolding tubes? I’d have an Interceptor any day over that.

Indian bikes are shit. Even if they have shiny badges that make you go "ooooooooooo"

Everyone raves about Royal Enfields. They're shit too. Everyone I know who's bought a RE in the last few years (and who actually does real miles on them. Not Summer Sunday Jessies) has got rid of them. Endless breakdowns and quality control issues. With dire performance to boot.

Still, I hope very much to be proved wrong. It would be great if it's a success. And even better if production comes to the UK. Although why would they treble their manufacturing costs ?

Indian bikes are shit. Even if they have shiny badges that make you go "ooooooooooo"

Everyone raves about Royal Enfields. They're shit too. Everyone I know who's bought a RE in the last few years (and who actually does real miles on them. Not Summer Sunday Jessies) has got rid of them. Endless breakdowns and quality control issues. With dire performance to boot.

You shouldn't sit on the fence.:D

The Interceptor looks good and goes well enough for many and is usually used for fair weather recreation (and why not)
or as a second bike.
There's plenty of bikes that can't be ridden in all weather without lots time given to cleaning and maintenance otherwise
they'd soon turn to rust.

Regarding performance. I wouldn't write a bike off because it isn't warp speed fast. Speed isn't everything to lots of riders, that's why they chose modern retro's such as the Interceptor.

I was speaking to a bloke with an Interceptor at Cairnryan ferry terminal. He’d done almost 20k on his bike in all weathers and was raving about it. No break downs and enough go to keep him happy. That says more to me than rumours and hearsay.

Still, I hope very much to be proved wrong. It would be great if it's a success. And even better if production comes to the UK. Although why would they treble their manufacturing costs ?
Utter crap from someone who has never owned one..... that's all

I bought one late last year from a deceased's estate and my old mate Smudger of the Parish got it up and running for me :D

Most uncomfortable bike I have ever swung a leg over :blast

BSA23.jpg

Brian still hasn’t forgiven you mate! Happy memories of that, lovely old thing which I should have bought off you. Looking at this thread as I am considering a new one.

Any news when the new Goldie will be in the showrooms?

I can’t find any, or any mention of dealers?

Considering it's appearance at the bike show in December, I would have thought an availability date would be on the horizon by now.
Maybe it's been delayed because of the semiconductor shortage etc.

MCN said they would be available in March 22.

The BSA website does not list any dealers, but invites you to 'register interest'.

Considering it's appearance at the bike show in December, I would have thought an availability date would be on the horizon by now.
Maybe it's been delayed because of the semiconductor shortage etc.

Maybe? I have registered my interest and had a standard reply, we will wait and see.

I personally really like the look of it? A couple of things come to mind straight away like will they do a ‘Clubman’ version? Also that USB thing on the bars would have to go and I think it would look better with slightly lower bars and an Altette horn, all kinds of things you could do after I suppose, and I’d guess that BSA will, like RE, offer loads of aftermarket spares for them. The deal breaker for me would be the exhaust noise, if it doesn’t have that Goldie ‘Twitter’ or a good aftermarket silencer on offer to produce it, then I could be out…

It's looking like they'll be in the showrooms in May.

Part of a marketing email that was sent out this morning to anyone who'd previously expressed an interest....

. We’ve been working our socks off getting the bike ready for production
and establishing a great dealer network across the UK. And we’re
getting close now, with the first bikes expected to arrive into our
UK dealer network in May

It's looking like they'll be in the showrooms in May.

Part of a marketing email that was sent out this morning to anyone who'd previously expressed an interest....

. We’ve been working our socks off getting the bike ready for production
and establishing a great dealer network across the UK. And we’re
getting close now, with the first bikes expected to arrive into our
UK dealer network in May

Yes I had the same email. Another couple of months then, not surprising that it’s going to be made in India then!

Back
Top Bottom