App customisation

I can't say for certain but theres very little customisation in the BMW app, aside from what Wapping already mentioned i.e. changing PSI to Bar etc.

I suspect it's all to do with the ethos of keeping unity across the bikes, the TFT's can't be customised so why would you want to customise the app, sort of logic. It would be nice to be able to select which info tiles are displayed, like on the Nav6 where you could have like 8 panels all the way down to 2 (or something like that)

I can't say for certain but theres very little customisation in the BMW app, aside from what Wapping already mentioned i.e. changing PSI to Bar etc.

I suspect it's all to do with the ethos of keeping unity across the bikes, the TFT's can't be customised so why would you want to customise the app, sort of logic. It would be nice to be able to select which info tiles are displayed, like on the Nav6 where you could have like 8 panels all the way down to 2 (or something like that)

That's what I am hoping but it's looking unlikely and now we have to wait until late January.

That's what I am hoping but it's looking unlikely and now we have to wait until late January.

I'm in two minds about the cradle, I've been beta testing the BMW app for just over a year now and I find it seems to go through stages of being really robust and then other times really flaky. It's clear from what I've seen in the last 12 months that they are frantically trying to get new features added but I don't forsee much in the way of customisation coming, I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm also in 2 minds due to the whole debate about iPhones and vibrations etc. I read the article Wapping posted and it seems that the whole "turn Live photos off" thing is gaining traction as a way to maybe prevent the damage that can be caused, and also to explain why theres been little chatter about it on the Android front.

The thing I find odd about that article is that Live photos on the iPhone is NOT constantly keeping the camera open/on in the background. All it does is when you open the camera app, it starts recording so that when you press the shutter you get 1.5s of motion before and after the shot. I'm pretty confident in saying that once the camera app is closed or pushed to the background, it's no longer doing this.

I don't really wanna risk my almost new iPhone 13 Pro Max especially as Apple have stated not to use it, and BMW have advised to go with what the manufacturer says. I'm a little torn.

I've already made my nav mount vibration free using rubber isolators so I'm ready for the cradle. Itching to get one but looks like it will be February now before I see one.

I've already made my nav mount vibration free using rubber isolators so I'm ready for the cradle. Itching to get one but looks like it will be February now before I see one.

Damn that sucks! I'm waiting for an email from my local Motorrad dealer about availability so I suspect it'll be the same. Unless of course they get any in by chance.

Damn that sucks! I'm waiting for an email from my local Motorrad dealer about availability so I suspect it'll be the same. Unless of course they get any in by chance.

Unlikely as they aren't due into Germany until the 24th of January

In the words of John travolta "tell me more"

In a question and answer session, they said they were looking to expand the functionality like displaying the speed on its on etc.

But I bought mine from the dealer here in France over a week ago.

Don't dispute that, but the ones destined for the uk won't be here till late January unfortunately

This cradle has renewed my interest in the Wunderlinq version, i always stayed away from it as I thought it was a bit makeshift and not really developed for iOS. Is it a viable alternative to the BMW cradle?

Don't dispute that, but the ones destined for the uk won't be here till late January unfortunately

But you claimed that they would not be available in Germany till late January. Made me wonder why you thought that.
I accept that the UK will take longer.

All I know is what two dealers have told me, the batch destined for the uk aren't in Germany yet.

All I know is what I've been told, some counties in Europe have them and we don't, simple as really. Be January/February before we see them.

Back
Top Bottom