App customisation

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For those who use the connected app, on the screen that show bike info such as tyre pressure etc, can you customise those squares like you can on the nav 6?

Yes, you can, but only in as much as you can change kms to miles and centigrade to fahrenheit, psi to atmospheres etc.

So you can't swap from say tyre pressure to elevation in that square like you can on the garmin ?

That's one thing I like about the nav5/6 I have my top four squares set for distance and fuel range etc so when I reduce to the big 2 squares it shows me just what I need in big numbers

Can you tell me what is displayed then on that screen?

Can you tell me what is displayed then on that screen?

On which screen?

The 6” TFT screen? The larger TFT screen? The phone’s screen?

If you mean the bike’s TFT screen and you want to know intimate details of your bike as you ride along, you can whirly wheel the screen to reveal all sorts of ‘must have’ data about the awesome steed. You can also select a whole bunch of things to display on the top bar, which you can scroll through as you hoon.

The larger screen will also show the map of the route, which is nice and is maybe even the app’s greatest feature.

I don’t know, as I have not run the phone in a BMW cradle.

I might imagine, that it might display the bike’s intimate running details, through the control wheel. There again, I have a powerful imagination. There’ll be bods with the BNW cradle soon enough who will tell you or be radical and ask your dealership.

All ready have asked the dealer and they don't know till they get them in next week

I think there is a place for different threads here, people on pre tft screens using the cradle and people with tft using the cradle.

I really am too kind and imaginative.

I Googled: BMW connected cradle bike info…. Just five words, three more than usual.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WZc9iOpgcvI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go to about two minutes.

Have seen that one but doesn't say if you can change what is display or not.

A week or so will tell you.

What is it that yiu want to see displayed permanently?

Not really sure to be honest, if it operates that screen the same as the nav does I'd be happy. I have a brand new nav6 "make life a ride black version" in the box but don't want to use it as the trip is no good for rallying as you can't adjust it.
I was using a nav 5 and my iPhone for the trip but if I can get away with using a phone to navigate to events and general navigation then swap to the rally trip meter when competing it would be ideal having just one unit. Then if the app runs in the background recording it would be perfect.

It’ll certainly run in the background.

Let us know what you discover, please.

Back
Top Bottom