Revit Discovery boots leaking

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just covered a lot of miles in wet, shitty weather. In arrival home, I discovered my Revit Discovery Outdry boots had been leaking. I was wearing two pairs of socks - one thin with a much thicker, knee length skiing sock on top.

Interesting, myy feet never got cold and they weren't 'soaking', just noticeably damp. After looking at the boots carefully and where my socks were wet, I concluded that yes, they had leaked.

After doing some googling I find that others have experienced the same. Basically long periods of rain at motorway speeds will cause them to let in water... Rather disappointing, especially for the price - they should have used gore tex....

I'm only really recording this for others benefit. I love the boots. Best I've had. Super comfortable, love the boa closure system and they're good in the summer too. But I now discover they are not 'waterproof' and I'm clearly late to discover this!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

take them back, waterproof is waterproof, given the cost you could probably argue not fit for purpurpose or not manufactured to required standard, you can go back up to 6 years from date of manufacture for the latter one, do your research and complain. If you cant be arse then only yourself to blame

I concur, mine leaked after a long day in torrential rain on the motorway. Under normal circumstances they are fine. I can live with it as they are a fantastic boot. Takes an age to dry them out though once the boot is breached!

take them back, waterproof is waterproof, given the cost you could probably argue not fit for purpurpose or not manufactured to required standard, you can go back up to 6 years from date of manufacture for the latter one, do your research and complain. If you cant be arse then only yourself to blame
Well, I'm with you on this, but I bought them in here, secondhand - though barely worn - so I'd probably be on a hiding to nothing on this occasion. I have though thought to at least get feedback to Revit since I'm not sure how many people actually do this - I mean people are quick to complain on a forum, but actually the feedback is useful to the brand - and Revit do seem to listen

I concur, mine leaked after a long day in torrential rain on the motorway. Under normal circumstances they are fine. I can live with it as they are a fantastic boot. Takes an age to dry them out though once the boot is breached!
Mine are are still on the radiator, nearly dry.

But yes, bar this detail they are a superb boot. As mentioned, my feet were not soaked, just damp through both socks. If I'd had a third day of riding ahead of me then I may have gotten cold feet, don't know.

I have a pair of these boots and yes, they are comfortable, I haven't yet ridden in heavy rain so haven't experienced any leaks

I'll watch and wait, hopefully they will keep my feet dry

I have a pair of these boots and yes, they are comfortable, I haven't yet ridden in heavy rain so haven't experienced any leaks

I'll watch and wait, hopefully they will keep my feet dry
You're going to love them! But it seems beware any long stints in rain at reasonable speeds. I'm already thinking that if I see that kind of weather coming, I'll slip on some boot covers.

You're going to love them! But it seems beware any long stints in rain at reasonable speeds. I'm already thinking that if I see that kind of weather coming, I'll slip on some boot covers.

Good idea, I bought my Rev it boots used about 2 years ago, and alternate between them and Forma Urban for summer use and a pair of Sidi Adventure boots which I've had for quite a while

Back
Top Bottom