Can I have a great big slice of that humble pie please ?

Dropped the final drive on mine today to have a look, the bike is 6 months old (2500 miles)

i have power washed it a couple of times so i was curious to see if any water had got past the rubber boots.

As expected it was as good as it left the factory dry and had grease on the splines.

While i was at it i checked the brake pads and dropped the oil from the final drive because some spilled out from the ABS sensor and wanted to understand how much, glad i did as it wasn't great.

Decided to change it, i was quite suprised after 2500 miles at the state of the oil from the drive.

From experience with my old Hexhead between 6000 mile services there was very little change in the oil, it used to come out fairly clean.

It will be cleaner as it gets older.

I had a service done today,

as the Original 2 year approved used warranty was up, (renewed jic ;)

i asked if they could drop the rear hub and grease the splines as they were doing the FD oil as well

Got the technicians video report a couple of hours ago ....

All came back as ok until they got to the rear hub, ;)

"Managed to free of the drive shaft, it was quite seized, but now freed off and and all lubricated"

Will be keeping an eye on that one ;)

My dealership have been a little slow with the videos. I didnt get one. And was told, it wasnt nice !

Back
Top Bottom