POI converter software

NeilDD

Old enough to know better
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
Especially Wapping :)

I'm after a recommendation for software to convert POI files, such as CSV into GPX, GPD etc
I have been given a load of CSV files that I would like to get into Basecamp, and various Garmin devices.

Cheers

you could use one of the online converters like GPS visuliser i believe that will work (search google for more) or maybe for a stand alone software ITN converter, you did not mention whether you use mac or pc.

Hi Bear,
Long time no see.
I hope you're keeping well?

I've looked at the Garmin articles, and tried it with the CSV files I have, and it comes up with an error along the lines of invalid file type

upload one of the csv files you wish to convert and i will try it on the software i use, upload to dropbox or similar then paste a link, at least you will know if it works eliminating trying many software suites.

Hi Lee,
Spent a bit of time yesterday doing some reading, and I think I have solved the problem.
My friend who is not that technically minded had downloaded the CSV files from the CCC website, and upon looking at the CSV file, it would appear that the Caravan Club files where not immediately suitable for Garmin.
I did some editing and can get them to upload, but now just need a bit of help in the text field formatting.
I use libre office and cannot find a way of putting a carriage return into the text field to make the info read easier.

Cheers
Neil

Back
Top Bottom