Le Mans Moto 24hr

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, so the bug has bitten. Having done the 24 car race and stayed in bleu camping.

I notice I can make the 24 hr motorbike race at Le Mans inside school holidays:

Looking for opinions on which campsite to choose? I'd like to be able to move around by bus between different spots during practice. Like the ability to make use of my ACO pass for the start/finish and a covered seat...

Looking for a lively campsite with easy in/out access to go shopping and get BBQ provisions. Near to track viewing that is closer than Camping Bleu..
Noise /party not an issue. BBQ a must..suggestions please
Does it run similar to the 24h car race?

Having been to the 24hrs many times I thought I would really enjoy the 24hrs moto race, it was ok but nothing to compare with the atmosphere of the car race.

It doesn’t use the road circuit that the cars use, it uses the gp track so you can get around on foot easily.

We stayed at an ibis hotel close to Le Mans centre and got the tram/train into the circuit.

I’m glad I went but probably wouldn’t go again.

Having been to the 24hrs many times I thought I would really enjoy the 24hrs moto race, it was ok but nothing to compare with the atmosphere of the car race.

It doesn’t use the road circuit that the cars use, it uses the gp track so you can get around on foot easily.

We stayed at an ibis hotel close to Le Mans centre and got the tram/train into the circuit.

I’m glad I went but probably wouldn’t go again.

Thats a bit similar to me for the car race, but 3 months later and you sits and thinks and misses loud noise and fast vehicles...I'll be watching the covid issues too as cant afford an isolation period on return. Will see..

camping green on lot of visits . wish we had noticed there was a race on ......its just a big piss up with big fires

Garage Rouge is the most manic campsite. Not sure about the others. I've not been for a few years, but it was awesome. Like Barter Town in Mad Max. Well worth doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom