I use Calimoto to create a route and get it into the Connected app

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobT

Reaction score
….. I use Calimoto.com, expert the .gpx into the Connected app on your phone and ride it.

I have just downloaded the Calimoto app to my iPad.

In operation it works pretty much as the Connected app does, though with two advantages.

1. The dropping of the pins, to shape a route (at least with an Apple iPencil thing) seems to be more accurate.

2. The app displays better in letter box format on an iPad than the Connected app does, though (like the Connected app) it seems to be designed chiefly for a phone’s screen.

It falls down a tiny bit, in comparison to the Connected app, as you cannot start a route in France and finish it in the UK or visa-versa. That’s no big deal though.

9233874e424fbae67a7b6bf5abe1a1c3.png

ca06a7ac982a8eec19aaf58e9b310022.png

It sometimes seems to reorder the dropped pins, changing the order in which they are dropped. peejay said something similar about the Connected app doing the same, I think. However, I think you can stop this happening, somewhere in the settings or preferences.

Unless I am being very stupid, I can’t see how to export a Calimoto route (created on my iPad) into the Connected app on my phone. Everything I try, it keeps opening in Calimoto. Any tips, please?

If it has one big fault, it all seems a bit bikermatey, for my taste. I don’t go in for all the shared routes that pop-up, many of which look as dull as ditchwater. Similarly, all the ‘bikermeets’ stuff and a pop-up that announces ‘Loud pipes save lives’ or some such shite.

I assume it’s possible to turn all this junk off? Do bods actually like this garbage?

Unless I am being very stupid, I can’t see how to export a Calimoto route (created on my iPad) into the Connected app on my phone. Everything I try, it keeps opening in Calimoto. Any tips, please?

Sadly this is a feature missing from the app. But if you login to the Calimoto website there is both an import and export GPX option. It definitely should be there in the app, as much as I like Calimoto I think it’s a big oversight.

If it has one big fault, it all seems a bit bikermatey, for my taste. I don’t go in for all the shared routes that pop-up, many of which look as dull as ditchwater. Similarly, all the ‘bikermeets’ stuff and a pop-up that announces ‘Loud pipes save lives’ or some such shite.

I assume it’s possible to turn all this junk off? Do bods actually like this garbage?

I tend to disregard all that bollox to be honest and just create my route and ride it, only thing I have liked is when we went to Switzerland this year it was handy to plot the route and see photos on that route that others had taken. If nothing else it allowed me to confirm I hadn’t plotted yet another boring route.

OK, I guess that’s true.

I’ve got it installed onto my iPad. If nothing else I can have it in reserve for creating routes, which it seems to do pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom