Can you use an Apple phone as a navigation device safely, without it breaking?

BobT

Reaction score
Do Apple now tell you that you are okay attaching your iphone to a motorcycle? Not so long ago they were saying that you should not do that.

Do Apple now tell you that you are okay attaching your iphone to a motorcycle? Not so long ago they were saying that you should not do that.

hook it up and try it, if it breaks, let us know and verse visa ;)

My mate says it fecked his but he might have been on about when it flipped off, bounced down the road and into into a field. I wasn’t really listening.

Most of the "mount" companies now do damped, anti-vibe versions.

Just get the best on you can find and give it a wirl.

S20 5G sent this......

I use SP Connect with the damped mount and wifi charging; iPhone 12 pro. It's been fine so far.

I use SP Connect with the damped mount and wifi charging; iPhone 12 pro. It's been fine so far.

Got a link, mate?

f413b8b8bf522f50b73820631095786e.png

I use an SP Connect case on my Samsung.......I have a Tom Tom mount on a Navihalter bracket, which is rubber damped.
When I want Sat Nav proper, I use Tom Tom and when I want phone, I use a little SP Connect mount stuck to the Tom Tom mount cover.

Jaysus......when I was typing that.... I realised how much of a faff it sounds like.

S20 5G sent this......

As far as I know Apple's official line is still "we do not recommend it", and BMW"s official line is "do whatever the manufacturer recommends".

I bought one of those cheap chinese cradles (like the new BMW official one) and have used my iPhone 11 Pro Max, 12 Pro Max and now 13 Pro Max in it without any issues. I am now using the latest phone in a QuadLock with anti vibration mount. I've covered I'd say 8000miles over 2 years with the phones in one of these 2 cradles and have had zero issues, although I've probably jinxed myself now.

Back
Top Bottom