Connected app, beta test version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapping

Reaction score
With some good assistance from peejay I have (as a very latecomer to all this app, phone, TFT screen malarkey) got myself onto the beta app test. It must be serious as I have even fired up my in-ear monitor things, which is a rarity for me. Now all I have to do is ride around in the cold and rain tomorrow.

For understandable reasons, the company running the beta test asks that bods do not make their findings public, so I won’t.

Hopefully this version will do off road mapping, I have given up entirely with the nav 6 now as the latest replacement started ghosting today.

Been a Beta tester for nearly three years now. Very satisfying.

Enjoy Richard! I’m partly jealous and partly glad I didn’t get picked for this weekends ride as the weather here is atrocious.

I was a ester for over a year, but they started mucking me about. One version that I tested completely broke the app. Was fun for a while and certainly teaches people how to use the app and set up their phone correctly.

Well this weekends beta test version won’t accept a log in, can’t send report as it wants a log file but there’s no way to send one as the “debug” is missing in “more”.

Well this weekends beta test version won’t accept a log in, can’t send report as it wants a log file but there’s no way to send one as the “debug” is missing in “more”.

Put a screenshot into a zip file and upload that as the log. Then mention in the bug that the logs aren’t attached. But you can skip the login step so should still be able to get the logs out of it.

I’ve skipped the log in - what I’m saying is the fact that there is NO way to get the logs.
There is no “debug”, no logs to pull down even if I wanted to. I can’t submit the report as the Testbirds system won’t allow it without the log file attached.
Also the Neat has a recurring fault where you can’t even open that due

Edit - 5hrs after submitting a message to one of the bird masters it now tells you that you have to tap 5 times on the version number to enable the debug menu!
WTF

I’ve skipped the log in - what I’m saying is the fact that there is NO way to get the logs.
There is no “debug”, no logs to pull down even if I wanted to. I can’t submit the report as the Testbirds system won’t allow it without the log file attached.
Also the Neat has a recurring fault where you can’t even open that due

Edit - 5hrs after submitting a message to one of the bird masters it now tells you that you have to tap 5 times on the version number to enable the debug menu!
WTF

The steps to enable the debug menu are listed in the steps of the test….. it guides you through the process.

I’ve submitted bugs without logs before, I just upload a zip file with a screenshot in it as the system accepts any zip file. Bit of a hack but it works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom