Bike fettled!

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I left early and drove up to Jon Nicholson's place in Northumberland, he has been fettling my X Challenge for me. There isn't anyone who knows any more about these particular bikes than the Maestro of the North.
He has fixed my chaffed through wiring, reseated the tank properly (it was off line and why the cables got chaffed), done the valve clearances and checked it on his computer linky. Running beautifully now with new fuel filters, plugs and everything tickety boo. Loaded it onto the trailer and turned round and drove home again. Now I am properly ready to tackle some lanes. Thank you Mr. Nicholson, you are a star and I look forward to revisiting and doing some of your Northumbrian countryside. :beerjug: :thumby:

I left early and drove up to Jon Nicholson's place in Northumberland, he has been fettling my X Challenge for me. There isn't anyone who knows any more about these particular bikes than the Maestro of the North.
He has fixed my chaffed through wiring, reseated the tank properly (it was off line and why the cables got chaffed), done the valve clearances and checked it on his computer linky. Running beautifully now with new fuel filters, plugs and everything tickety boo. Loaded it onto the trailer and turned round and drove home again. Now I am properly ready to tackle some lanes. Thank you Mr. Nicholson, you are a star and I look forward to revisiting and doing some of your Northumbrian countryside. :beerjug: :thumby:

Good one Simon .... what John doesn't know about the Xc's isn't worth knowing :thumb

Enjoy. An X Country could be on my list as a lighter tourer.

They don't come any better Pete :thumb

:beerjug:

Enjoy. An X Country could be on my list as a lighter tourer.

If you want to try one, you're welcome to a wee shottie on mine at some point, Peter. Having said that, I think Mike Wylie, desmo2 on here, who's in Kirkliston, might still have the one he bought from Sye for sale.

If you want to try one, you're welcome to a wee shottie on mine at some point, Peter. Having said that, I think Mike Wylie, desmo2 on here, who's in Kirkliston, might still have the one he bought from Sye for sale.

Thanks Mike. That's very kind of you. Early days yet but I'll get in touch as and when ... :beerjug:

They don't come any better Pete :thumb

:beerjug:

I'm not usually a fan of singles / thumpers but I've noted your previous comments Micky. Cheers. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom