2 Season Sleeping bag - recommendation please?

Exped Synmats are better than their Downmat. And they are cheaper, easier to inflate/deflate and roll up and pack a bit smaller too. Temperature rating is not as low as the Downmats but realistically most of us don’t camp when it’s minus 12c.

I also find a duvet is better than a sleeping bag esp when it’s hot - try sticking a cooling leg out of a bag? Exped, Thermarrst, Rab and other all fo them. I also have a huge silk sleeping bag for those nights when I don’t even need a duvet, or to up the temperature a bit if it’s a bit chillier than expected. Finally the silk bag makes a great bottom sheet if you slide your mat inside it.

Does no-one use Snugpak these days, or have they been surpassed?

I have a Snugpak 3, only used it a couple of times so far but been easily warm enough. I don’t have anything to compare it to, it’s my first ‘decent’ sleeping bag but for the price it’s been excellent.

Exped Synmats are better than their Downmat. And they are cheaper, easier to inflate/deflate and roll up and pack a bit smaller too. Temperature rating is not as low as the Downmats but realistically most of us don’t camp when it’s minus 12c.

I also find a duvet is better than a sleeping bag esp when it’s hot - try sticking a cooling leg out of a bag? Exped, Thermarrst, Rab and other all fo them. I also have a huge silk sleeping bag for those nights when I don’t even need a duvet, or to up the temperature a bit if it’s a bit chillier than expected. Finally the silk bag makes a great bottom sheet if you slide your mat inside it.

Another vote for the Synmat. The range can be somewhat confusing so my advice is to go for a decent thickness such as the 9cm, and go for the wide version if you can get hold of one. When I bought mine they were out of stock everywhere - and for good reason.

Back
Top Bottom