Textile over trousers?

Afmuir

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I commute a few miles in town, day trips at weekends and occasional 2-3 day trips to Highlands. I’m struggling with choice of trousers. Currently I wear work trousers/jeans and a pair of Hein Gericke textile trousers over the top, take these off at work and good to go. But the HG are way past it and I need to replace. I have quite skinny legs and don’t want huge baggy things. Thinking I could a pair of well fitting over trousers or perhaps something like Rokker Revolution for all my riding and just take change of trousers with me for work. I’m sure there’s others with similar requirements. What’s the way to go?

I have a pair of Rokker revolution jeans, they are brilliant, completely waterproof, cool in the summer and warmish in the winter, if its really cold a base layer or pair of waterproofs over the top will keep the cold out.

I have had mine for over 2 years now and they are still hanging together really well.

They are expensive though but you get what you pay for.

Thanks, and could you wear them all day in the office with ease?

I have worn them to work and sat in the office without an issue, they are slightly warmer than std jeans but not massively so.

I also sat in a grandstand seat at Portimao from about 11am till 4pm in full sun when I forgot my shorts, I was hot but not uncomfortable (everyone was hot) and I didn’t get sunburned legs like the guys I was with.

Infinity stock them, you could do a lot worse than go and try a pair,

I can’t wear jeans in the office, it’s their office and their rules. Nor am I convinced that I want to sit at my desk in trousers that are splattered with squashed insects.

The best thing I have found is the very simple BMW over suit, absolutely perfect for a short commute or the occasional one or two days away. I lob mine in my motorhome, if I am towing my motorcycle behind and / or put it on over my suit when I ride my bike across London to have it serviced in Battersea.

Buy and use with confidence.

I can’t wear jeans in the office, it’s their office and their rules. Nor am I convinced that I want to sit at my desk in trousers that are splattered with squashed insects.

The best thing I have found is the very simple BMW over suit, absolutely perfect for a short commute or the occasional one or two days away. I lob mine in my motorhome, if I am towing my motorcycle behind and / or put it on over my suit when I ride my bike across London to have it serviced in Battersea.

Buy and use with confidence.

Does that over suit have protection though, my googling suggests it doesn't? So if I wanted good protection and the ability to work in an office then I am thinking some kind of protective textile trouser over my work trousers, and ideally something that's quite tight fitting so doesn't look so cumbersome. OR, good fitting textile trousers with a thin base layer and take office clothes with me. But then you're down to one layer of clothing in case of a spill which is maybe not so good. Whatever I buy will prob cost me a bit so just trying to get it right!

Motorrad are releasing a new commuter two piece over suit for 2022, looks good. Have a quick look on youtube at the 2022 apparel video, might be worth looking at. I tend to agree with Wapping about the dead fly craic'.

You can't wear any riding trousers/pants at the workplace due to thermal insulations and protection pads. If you are looking for something which can be physible for the office then you should go with a casual one or for riding then I suggest you visit this one https://www.vikingcycle.com/collections/mens-motorcycle-trousers/products/viking-cycle-saxon-motorcycle-textile-pants-for-men. It's been one year of using it and I'm pretty satisfied with the build quality and fitment.

Back
Top Bottom