FirePot - Camping Food

Nice one. I may order a selection of their meals to try. :thumb2

I'll give them a try, I've been using Expedition dehydrated meals over the past few years on trips but the chicken is like cardboard no matter how long it's been soaked.

I've used it, better than a lot of the others

They need to be at 9 quid a go!

The last Wayfarer I bought was £4.95 plus the cost of a couple of bread rolls to semi fill me up.
I have too many better solutions now to bother with that lazy, dried shite.

Nothing more than a posh Pot Noodle!

The last Wayfarer I bought was £4.95 plus the cost of a couple of bread rolls to semi fill me up.

Depends how long you're travelling and how much weight you want to carry.....bit obvious really :D

Depends how long you're travelling and how much weight you want to carry.....bit obvious really :D

Plenty of dried or cured choice out there, without resorting to eating out of a bag!

You may remember a certain gentleman of this Parish turning up in Iceland with a top box full of steaks, lamb, chicken and a variety of sauces!

He ate like a King, but I think I may still have a picture of his bike buried up to it’s axle in black sand :D

I quite often go for a wander in the Highlands for a few days with a tent or bivibag, everything I carry has to be justified and weight matters. If I can get 600 or even 900 calories from a dried meal that only needs some hot water and 10 minutes to rehydrate I'll take it. The luxury of taste choice can wait until I'm home.

I quite often go for a wander in the Highlands for a few days with a tent or bivibag, everything I carry has to be justified and weight matters. If I can get 600 or even 900 calories from a dried meal that only needs some hot water and 10 minutes to rehydrate I'll take it. The luxury of taste choice can wait until I'm home.

Packet of Super Noodles weighs 90g and costs less than a quid. :thumb

You are what you eat :D

Pot Noodle

Noodle mix (96%): Dried noodles (69%) [WHEAT flour (contains calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), palm oil, salt, firming agents (potassium carbonate, sodium carbonates)], maltodextrin, WHEAT flour, sweetcorn, potassium chloride, flavour enhancers (monosodium glutamate, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate), flavourings (contain MILK), sugar, skimmed MILK powder, palm fat, salt, onion powder?, yeast powder (contains WHEAT, BARLEY), mushrooms (0.4%), herbs (chives, sage), potato starch, mushroom juice concentrate, acid (citric acid). Sauce sachet (4%): Soy sauce [water, soy sauce (SOYBEANS, WHEAT), salt, molasses, sugar, acid (acetic acid)].

Attachments

• 3A4AA230-C0EC-400F-971D-F499FB8598B3.jpg
    3A4AA230-C0EC-400F-971D-F499FB8598B3.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 459

But you need to simmer them so need a pot and only 220 calories so would need 3 or 4 packets. One of the firepot meals just needs hot water added into the packet, no pot needed so easy.

But you need to simmer them so need a pot and only 220 calories so would need 3 or 4 packets. One of the firepot meals just needs hot water added into the packet, no pot needed so easy.

I like my tent time & generally have time to kill.
By the time I'd finished with some Super Noodles they would be pushing out 1000 calories or more.

My dislike of dried rations started with these ...

https://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/...7N0zbD_bHgCsKDZkRGkMC4uFXLp4W_IYaAjozEALw_wcB

... once tasted always hated! :thumb2

I like my tent time & generally have time to kill.
By the time I'd finished with some Super Noodles they would be pushing out 1000 calories or more.

My dislike of dried rations started with these ...

https://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/...7N0zbD_bHgCsKDZkRGkMC4uFXLp4W_IYaAjozEALw_wcB

... once tasted always hated! :thumb2

They did have the benefit of reducing the amount of toilet roll you needed to carry.

A friend of mine was perfectly happy to do a 3 day trip up a mountain with nothing more than a bag of flapjack, half a dozen Mars Bars and some tea bags. At least I used to take a bag of noodles and some Oxo cubes to give them a bit of flavour.

You may remember a certain gentleman of this Parish turning up in Iceland with a top box full of steaks, lamb, chicken and a variety of sauces!

He ate like a King, but I think I may still have a picture of his bike buried up to it’s axle in black sand :D
You don't mean this gentleman?

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 309
Tins a mackerel oan a peece, sorted, oh an a boatle a Auchentoshin.

Who is it that's got their head stuck in the crashbars?

Back
Top Bottom