Returns from N. Ireland to Germany

smally

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi folks I have to return a jacket to Germany from N. Ireland. and am having a mare trying to get a courier that will take it!! Anyone any suggestions ? Its to Motorad Bohling I Germany just in case anyone has had to do the same. Parcelforce will do it at a cost of £65 for a 5kg jacket which is ridiculous, dhl will d it until you put in NI postcode then they say no. Any help gratefully needed.

Drive across the border and post it via An Post?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

NI is still part of the EU so all the express parcel providers should be able to assist…go to sites like parcel to go etc

NI is still part of the EU so all the express parcel providers should be able to assist…go to sites like parcel to go etc

Yeah Well If you notice both the OP and Myself Live here

And it does NOT Work like that !!

So comment about what you know NOT what you think you know!!!

Thanks for advice even anpost is £50+ will see what else turns up!!

Robbi's link works

BUT change the UK mainland to Northern Ireland in the drop down menu

I tried at 50cm x 30 cm x 20 cm and 5kg and they are quoting 20.35

Drop off shops with Printers in Dungannon

Attachments

• image_2021-12-18_173750.png
    image_2021-12-18_173750.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 246
Robbi's link works

BUT change the UK mainland to Northern Ireland in the drop down menu

I tried at 50cm x 30 cm x 20 cm and 5kg and they are quoting 20.35

Drop off shops with Printers in Dungannon
Well found, im surprised but not shocked at the an post price.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well end of story for your info. I sent the box back to Germany with sendmybag. For £37 they picked it up at the house delivered within 5 days to BMW Motorad bohling. This included a surcharge for £600 insurance which was always best to go with. I had paid for the jacket using my credit card in euros through PayPal (don't let PP do the currency exchange they add about £20 onto it!!). Because I'd registered with paypals free returns where they will pay up to £15 for a return for anything bough using paypal it only really cost £22!!! This is a free paypal service and covers 12 returns a year!!!! Bohling refunded the full money including the original postage direct to my credit card. Pity the jacket didn't fit but hey ho, may order the 54 or just stick with my Badlands!! Lesson learnt!!

FYI
In RoI some Centra supermarket act as depots for Fastway couriers, drop-off and collection. Very convenient, no waiting at home for delivery. Prices seemed fair.
Only a little disconcerted with my package joining the heap behind a supermarket counter.

Back
Top Bottom