Gerbing Battery?

47steve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have Gerbing heated gloves and jacket liner (microwire) which I have wired to my bike.

I am looking at purchasing a battery to run the jacket whilst I am out at different outdoor venues and away from the bike.
Has anyone experience of any other brand of battery that works well or is it a case of using Gerbings own brand?

TA Steve:beerjug:

If you do go with Gerbing, even their largest battery, don’t expect it to last more than an hour approximately. I got one to use when I was walking the dogs on the Moors, it was a joke so returned it.

If you do go with Gerbing, even their largest battery, don’t expect it to last more than an hour approximately. I got one to use when I was walking the dogs on the Moors, it was a joke so returned it.

That's why I am asking the question. To gain any experience and hopefully someone may have an alternative.

TA Steve

Don't Gerbing make a 7v range for hiking etc, the 12v range is meant for direct battery connection. Think the batteries are ok on gloves, but a jacket draws over 6 amps which is a lot for a battery to handle

Don't Gerbing make a 7v range for hiking etc, the 12v range is meant for direct battery connection. Think the batteries are ok on gloves, but a jacket draws over 6 amps which is a lot for a battery to handle

They do a 9AH battery. Not sure what the performance is like?

TA Steve

I know it does not answer the question posed by the OP but I have just got a thermal base layer from Vulcan for the same reason.

https://vulcansportswear.com/product-category/heated-clothing

Comes complete with battery, charger and remote wireless controller. I now have the option of use it on the bike or when fishing, so far it has done 6 hrs on low no problem, not needed higher heat yet. As it close to the skin it heats quickly and easily controller by the key fob size controller.

Back
Top Bottom