Garmin Drive app - km into miles

Wapping

Reaction score
The Garmin Drive app, installed on my iPhone, seems to have its distance setting set to kilometres. Is it possible to change this to miles? If so, how? I have tried settings and just about everything else. There are lots of pages on changing the settings for the Garmin Connected app but nothing that I can see for the Drive app.

Thank you.

If you connect your device to your PC and add it to your Garmin Express account, the changes can be made there and then sync across the both device and Garmin Drive.

Well, worked for me.

My Garmin drive app doesn’t have any facility for setting any units. All I use it for is to find and address or to upload a route authored on another app to the Zumo. It doesn’t do any routing itself, it’s just an exchange mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Garmin drive app doesn’t have any facility for setting any units. All I use it for is to find and address or to upload a route authored on another app to the Zumo. It doesn’t do any routing itself, it’s just an exchange mechanism.

Thank you, that’s what I guessed. I wonder why they chose kilometres when displaying the distance to the address you’ve chosen? Hey ho, divide by eight, multiply be five.

Now to work out how to use the Drive app to upload a route created in another app.

Now to work out how to use the Drive app to upload a route created in another app.

Bingo! Once I had worked out (guessed) how to stop my phone defaulting to the BMW Connected app to open a GPX file I had downloaded as a test from the Alpentourer magazine’s website, all was good.

The transfer is quick but not rocket fast but it seems to be very accurate, with no straight lines between unknown points. In other words, everything seems to follow the roads of the map.

Changing via points into shaping points and back again seems easy enough.

I think, though I haven’t tried it yet, that I’ll like the ‘Nearest entry point’ option, offered up when you click on ‘Go’ to run a route.

I like the way tracks are displayed, the way it’s possible to change the width of the track line and its colour.

So far, the XT is looking like a really nice bit of kit and a big leap forward from the Navigator series I have been using for years, which are really pretty good anyway.

Agreed and also a former Navigator user, through many generations up to VI.

The connections (so far) have always held up too and one good tip (if you use Cardo/Sena (comms) + phone + navigation) is connect by pairing phone with the XT, then phone to comms as phone 1. Finally pair XT to comms as phone 2. In addition, try to turn the XT on first, then comms.

If the XT is wired to the ignition, it will turn off when you stop for fuel etc., but so far, on start-up, the pairings have remained in place.

NB: I am no tech wiz, but this has all worked well for me so far.

Thank you, all good information.

The route editing function, allowing you to add (or I guess take away) bits of routes by tapping onto the map, seems to work very well.

I have though turned off all the message notification functions. There’d be nothing worse than emails about your electricity bill or a Facebook announcement that someone is having a baby, popping up when hooning.

Back
Top Bottom