Rear wheel balance in Central Scotland

meintjiesj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Want to get rear wheel tyre replaced, looking for a place around Falkirk that will be able to balance a rear wheel. my usual guy don't have the fittings for single side swingarm wheel.

You don’t say what bike,
However nearly all car wheel balancers are suitable ,if the operator knows what he’s doing.
The limiting factor is the central hole size.

Thanks, didn’t know car wheel balancers would also be able to do balance it. But then thinking about it should be easy if they have the correct size adapter as it is similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never had my rear balanced. And never had a problem.

I also didn't balance the rear on the 1150GS with Metzeler Tourance on, but I am in the process of finding a tyre I like for the 1200GS. Want to give all of the same starting point. I normally ride a bike for 20 years so will go thru many sets when I find one I like. Metzeler Next has good grip and not too bad in the wet but milage is very low. The Battlax A40 gave me a few unpredictable scary moments and road noise from the front was very noticeable, milage was good. Will give the Avon Trailrider a try until Metzeler decide to restart producing the old Tourance in 1200GS size, fingers crossed.

ps. got my tyres back, rear balanced but will not complain about BMW price for a rear wheel balance again.

Back
Top Bottom