Google maps never sends an amended map, it only sends the original

PitaNaanRoti

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that Google maps never ever sends a modified map “to device”?
Even from the Mac or a laptop. Go “x to y”, alter the points, preview it,, click send to device and it only ever even using email, sends the original planned initial routing and removes all modifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone noticed that Google maps never ever sends a modified map “to device”?
Even from the Mac or a laptop. Go “x to y”, alter the points, preview it,, click send to device and it only ever even using email, sends the original planned initial routing and removes all modifications.
Been noted before. Very annoying.

Would this not depend what you did with it first before sending it, for instance if you converted the route to a track, gpx or kml/kmz before sending, what you should get then is a replica of the map page you are looking at.
Or am i misunderstanding what you are trying to do or say.

Ask Google to go from x to y.
Then drag some of the points to give the route you want.
You can navigate that route there and then.
However if you click on “send to device” it never sends the modified route - only the original x-y

Ask Google to go from x to y.
Then drag some of the points to give the route you want.
You can navigate that route there and then.
However if you click on “send to device” it never sends the modified route - only the original x-y

As I read your post, Google Maps seems to lack a ‘Save as’ or ‘Save changes’ function.

Is it different if you use the My Maps version of Google Maps?

As I read your post, Google Maps seems to lack a ‘Save as’ or ‘Save changes’ function.

Is it different if you use the My Maps version of Google Maps?
It does Wapping, it auto saves in My Maps so what you planned as a route is what you get in your device..... for me anyway

It does Wapping, it auto saves in My Maps so what you planned as a route is what you get in your device..... for me anyway

Thank you.

Jolly good. The OP and others may well have an answer to their problem.

Thank you.

Jolly good. The OP and others may well have an answer to their problem.
"My Maps – About – Google Maps" https://www.google.co.uk/maps/about/mymaps/

A couple of phone screen shots of saved maps..... these are now on my XT and checked. Good to name your map and also layers or you'll end up with loads of un named maps on your device.

b2c48f7519e7ee359afec4159f9502e9.jpg
9eb06ffd228ba5918c31e1c3673dcd1e.jpg
3bac29af562d7e787ec658a102881e4c.jpg
c9217943dcfed862a1631b3039f9658c.jpg

The only way around this issue is to use 'add a destination' when creating the final route you wish to use. Unfortunately there's a limit to the number of desintations you can add (I think its eight) but if you tweak the 'waypoints' you can cover a fairly long route despite the limitations of Google Maps.

Back
Top Bottom