Power lead

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
Advice please on best way to charge phone whilst on handlebars. Can I get a cable that goes from where you charge the battery ? Or get a USB wired in properly.

Cheers

Use a power pack in your jacket pocket; your phone won't last long on Harley handlebars :eek

Leave it in your pocket, Life is so much nicer without them...

Lasted on the Harley…. Killed by the BMW vibes…..

Difficult to use as a sat nav in your pocket….

Sounds as though it will be easier just to have a power pack in my pocket with cable attached .from phone.

Remember the good/bad old days of a piece of paper with notes stuck on tank.

Hi,
Advice please on best way to charge phone whilst on handlebars. Can I get a cable that goes from where you charge the battery ? Or get a USB wired in properly.

Cheers

Not sure about yours as it's alot newer than my Twin Cam but Harley do a double splitter cable that runs from the accessory lead for extra devices

I ran a cheap usb 3.0 from the battery, but it lasted 3 days!

Personally I think a quad lock, with the USB3.0 socket located in the headlight is probably the most reliable option, there’s a 12v switched take off in the head light too, so should be relatively easy with some careful packaging.

I ran a cheap usb 3.0 from the battery, but it lasted 3 days!

Personally I think a quad lock, with the USB3.0 socket located in the headlight is probably the most reliable option, there’s a 12v switched take off in the head light too, so should be relatively easy with some careful packaging.

The Quadlock charger you can buy Flipfly ?

The Quadlock charger you can buy Flipfly ?

I had a quad lock charger and vibration mount, but you’ll need a USB3.0 socket powered off the bike, that’s the bit I’d put in the headlight, then it’s an easily hidden usb wire coming out from the cover where the handlebars go in to the quadlock charger.

No no no, that would look feckin awful!

Something like this, cut off the SAE and wire direct to a switched live https://www.amazon.co.uk/MOTOPOWER-...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Then hide it inside the headlight and run the usb lead up through the handlebar clamp cover to the quadlock.

That would be pretty much invisible if done correctly. The last thing you want is a bunch of untidy wiring on those clean bars.

Back
Top Bottom